• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

The People Look Like Flowers At Last (1 Viewer)

I treated the PROOF (as a collector) as a MUST-HAVE. It's certainly not my favorite BUK collection, but it's always good to read anything by Bukowski... (except for PULP!!! :)
The cover art is horrible, and I'm very curious to see what is 'next'.
One of the unique things about this collection (People Flowers), it has some really long poems (upwards of 10-15 pages, some poems), which is rare compared to any of the last 4 collections (or at least I felt that way).

Anyway, I hope it sells.

you guys and your Pulp bashing. ONE DAY, THE WORLD OF LITERATURE WILL RECOGNIZE IT AS ONE OF BEST NOVELS TO EVER EXIST.

ahahahahahahah!

anyways, yeah man the cover art does suck for this collection but I hope it sells nontheless.

Remember the old saying: You can't judge a book by it's cover...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any action is likely to be in the last few minutes of an auction. I've watched some of my auctions near the close, cringing at how low the bids were, only to have the items go up by hundreds of dollars in the last 30 seconds. It's called sniping... it's a way to avoid driving the price up during the auction.

I once had my eye on a couple of Muybridge motion study colographs that had seemingly gone unnoticed (they got stuck in the "Adult" section by ebay due to nudity). Then one guy bid, then another, then the first guy again, and so on. These two bidders bumped the price so far up that I gave up on the idea of winning it. Had bidder number two just waited until the last few minutes, it would have been me and him, and it would have sold for much less.

I've always been a 'buyer', so selling is a relatively NEW experience... But you are absolutely RIGHT about bidding, mostly last minute. Which is good, cuz you get more than you thought. But when you see stuff with NO bids and an hour to go, you figure nobody wants it... It's funny I listed a whole bunch of stuff all at once, and moved at the same time, not the BEST idea! I'm going to put about at least a dozen or so 'new' BUK auctions this week, some interesting items, so please keep an eye out.....
BEST,
O

there are some bukowski items in eBay right now that i really want, but I have horrible luck getting outbid at the last second. I don't think I've won a non-buy it now auction since 2002.

Well, the only way I bid is to snipe, but as far as being outbid at the last second by a sniper, if your bid is higher than the sniper, it doesn't matter how close to the end they throw it in.

In fact, that's the drawback of sniping - you don't have time to make a higher bid. I bid higher now that I snipe than I did when I bid manually, because I want to be sure I win. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back