• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

The Wedding - No reserve (1 Viewer)

It appears that these items come via Marvin Malone's daughter. I imagine he had quite a collection.

Brief bio for those who are not familiar with the name, Marvin Malone was the editor of the long running Wormwood Review. Within the 140+ issues were published many Bukowski poems, and the all Bukowski issues are increasingly valuable items.

Sadly he died suddenly in 1996.

R.I.P.

No doubt some members here will have better knowledge of him than I.

puts it all into perspective...
you store these items, hunt them down, cherish them, take care of them...
then u die and someone says (usually your kid); Hey, I could see this for $900!!!
I openly tell my kids, when I die; feel free to sell the whole damn thing/collection, I'm dead I don't care!!!
Can't force the continuation of a collection on someone not interested.

That goes double for me! I've already given my wife instructions on how to liquidate my collection after I'm gone. It's unreasonable to expect my heirs to have the same weird obsession as I do. It would be downright unfair of me to insist they keep the collection together after I'm dust. But while I'm still here, they can keep their fucking paws off my books!

Last edited by a moderator:
damn straight!

i got a little lock on my collection, the wife might NOSE her way into EVERY other area of my life but BUKOWSKI she gets no part of!!!

plus little kids and 'fine' condition books don't MIX, I'd likely come home to my daughter coloring in the NOEL ROCKMORE sketches in CRUCIFIX!
:)

yes, we agree; not big fans of the NOEL/BUK collaboration... I don't think they benefit or OVERLY add anything to CRUCIFIX. Curious, never read/heard BUK comment on the connection between the two of them (maybe he took the high road and didn't slam NOEL...?).

Being outbid by $1,000 hurts a hell of a lot less than being outbid by $10. Christa may have opened the flood gates. We'll see.

Ross is a Bukowski collector. He has almost everything. Probably lacking a few very high end items (like Signature), but not much else...

Bill

At the height of the auction madness a few years ago, I sold Ross my copy of FIRE STATION inscribed to Capricorn Press founder and publisher Noel Young. The book was printed by Capricorn, so it was a great association copy. I have deeply regretted it ever since. On two or three occasions I asked Ross if he would sell it back to me for double what he bought it for. Needless to say, I'm still waiting to hear back. I learned my lesson well. In the future, my books are the LAST place I'll go to raise some quick cash. Next time, I'll sell body parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the height of the auction madness a few years ago, I sold Ross my copy of FIRE STATION inscribed to Capricorn Press founder and publisher Noel Young. The book was printed by Capricorn, so it was a great association copy.
I remember that auction. I can't blame him for not selling it back to you.

I've sold a lot of things that I later had regret over. Not books - rare guitars that have increased in value exponentially over the past 20 years - but I feel your pain.

Hi,
That is Ross. Also, check out the "Man in the Street" segments. Priceless Ross Runfola as he insults people on the streets of Buffalo for a cable tv show...

Best,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back