Theft of Buk's work (1 Viewer)

I recently stole a copy of " Play the the piano drunk.." It was priced at over 40 bucks (Australian). I just had to have it and I didnt have the money. Its now my favorite book

I don't know if I would advertize that around this forum. This will not be a popular stance. I guess that you stole it from an independent used bookstore? That will make you even less popular...

Bill

I would rather have the book than go without just because I happened to be broke. Its difficult to find some of Buk's older stuff in Australia, and I wasnt going to miss out

I'm sure that the booksellers on this forum will appreciate the idea that you were broke so you stole the book. I can understand when someone is homeless and has no money and is starving so they steal food TO SURVIVE. You could have gone to the library, or at Borders can sit in a comfy chair and read the whole book. Hell in the US (and probably in Australia), they even have coffee shops in Borders, so you could walk the book into the coffee shop and read the whole thing and then put it back on the shelf.

This is an odd stance that you are taking.

Bill

I would rather have the book than go without just because I happened to be broke. Its difficult to find some of Buk's older stuff in Australia, and I wasnt going to miss out

a thief is a thief is a thief,... I sure hope that I never invite someone like you home to share my food with....and if I do I sure hope that my bookcase is locked......

only little people speak like that i guess if you were in need of sex rape is ok down under fits you,a man would say..no you have to learn this life lesson on your own.

and a wanker, is a wanker is a wanker. Fuck you. You read B yet pretend that no one ever transgresses. You are ignorant.

And there it is.... I'm not sure if you are looking to be removed from this forum, but from experience, I can tell you that this is probably what is going to happen.

For what it is worth, I am not the owner of this forum and have no say in it, but have seen things turn ugly like this in the past and know where it is going.

I can also appreciate what 1fsh2fsh is saying. I would hate to invite someone over and have them stay over, only to find the next morning that a rare Buk book is "missing" because my house guest decided that they "needed" it.

Bill

pavlovich74,
You can say something, but what you seem to want to do is to join a forum and then hijack the conversation to be about YOU. Then insult and finally apologize and play the victim and bow out, while accusing us of not letting you say "anything". All of this occoured in the span of exactly 4 hours. It was interesting to watch. Kinda like watching someone go through the steps of loss (denial, sadness, grief, anger, and finally acceptance), all in the course of 30 minutes!

Good luck and all best,
Bill

and a wanker, is a wanker is a wanker. Fuck you. You read B yet pretend that no one ever transgresses. You are ignorant.

huh.... in all my years of reading bukowski, its never made me feel like stealing or becoming the scum of the earth. maybe I missed something? maybe I'm just stupid ? or maybe I just never used his words to excuse my ignorant, selfish, egotistical, narrow minded and incredibly stupid tiny piss brain into thinking that I was special because I read Bukowski. and that I deserve to have something that another poor working man would slave for, to have proudly and legetitamly.... but apparently you have. I'm sure that Bukowski would have loved to have you over for a few beers, and then you could have stolen the books right off His shelve!! and I'm sure that just knowing you would have restored his faith in all humanity. read the shit again motherfucker!!.... I think it might be you that has missed something.

1fsh2fsh,
You are right. This is something that Bukowski mentioned before. It is sad that he had to buy back copies of books because they were stolen br "friends" when he had them over for drinks.

"note to self".... Don't mess with Michigan.

All best,
Bill

Wow... What a knob-jockey.

Me, I mean... All this time I been PAYING for my books.
Like a sucker.

:o Gives those of us down under a black eye.
I hope the hiatus is permanent. :mad:

He stole a book? And a Buk book at that! Thievery and skulduggery! He should be keelhauled and left to die at Devil's Island...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... What a knob-jockey.

Me, I mean... All this time I been PAYING for my books.
Like a sucker.

:o Gives those of us down under a black eye.
I hope the hiatus is permanent. :mad:

it's that convict ancestry of australia, manifesting itself in the current generation ;)

every used bookstore in toronto keeps their bukoswki books behind the counter cause of guys like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back