This is just brilliant.. (1 Viewer)

I'm Morgan. I've written multiple poems about the love I have for Bukowski, have a large stack of his books acting as a shrine in my room, I spend hours watching interviews and reading his genius quotes online, and TONIGHT is the first time I've stumbled upon this website?

Anyway, I love it. I have respect for any person that appreciates Bukowski.

welcome, Morgan.

there are fresh towels in the closet, top shelf. the pool closes at 10 p.m. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call the front desk.

enjoy your stay.

Y'ever notice how people are always stumbling on the Internet? In real life you might hear, "I found a great diner," but never, "I stumbled onto a great diner." Unless you found the diner at the end of a long, particularly depraved night.

"Man, I stumbled across the greatest chicken and waffles!"
"I stumbled onto this incredible Abba CD!"
"I was just out driving around and I stumbled onto a voodoo shop. Changed my life."

Nope.

But search for "stumbled" here and Google returns 214 results (220 now). I don't get it.

If people were really cool, they'd say they surfed across it. You know, using the current lingo. "Stumbled" sounds like my dearly departed grandpas (yours too, I've seen them stumbling around, looking for their medicine).

(222)

I'm a grandfather so I do stumble, literally. "I surfed upon it" sounds effortless. I like the work, the chanciness suggested by "stumbled". Like I almost didn't make it here, it was touch and go for a while, but somehow, I stumbled across this website.

< The cow stumbled in front of my car some time ago. Bad luck for her.
I found the greatest cinnamon icecream in my hometown anyway.
I think that Abba lyrics are just brilliant.

Mike Nesmith Elephant Parts??
I'm going back to New Orleans next week-maybe I will see it on a menu there=that or oysters and waffles.
Back to stumbling....

Of course, she could have been trying to find a site for some guy named Bukowsky. But merely typed an i instead of a y. Thereby stumbling on to this site.

< The cow stumbled in front of my car some time ago. Bad luck for her.
I found the greatest cinnamon icecream in my hometown anyway.
I think that Abba lyrics are just brilliant.
Yeah , I got that Cinnamon Ice here at the corner by " Olivettos Tutti Frutti "
And the Supertrooper lights are gonna blind me everyday....

Stumbled upon works better for me than 'came upon'. My old man is always saying things like, "I came upon this tasty little Chinese."

Mind you, he also recently titled a newspaper article "I Think I'm Turning Japanese, I really think so.." (The Vapors, 1980). The article was about the Japanese economy. He was not aware that the song was about masturbation.

He is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back