Ticket for a 1979 reading (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Here's a ticket for the Viking Inn reading in 1979. The original venue is crossed out, as the Viking Inn was actually a back up when the original fell through.

The scan is crappy because my scanner has given up the ghost...

ticket.jpg

That's obviously not the ticket. Scroll down to see the real thing. -ed.

It came a while back in a letter from the guy who set up the reading, Dennis Del Torre. I just found it today while I was cleaning up an old stack of books and letters.

Del Torre is supposed to be in San Pedro this very weekend, incidentally, but he hasn't called me yet. I was hoping he had some of the DVDs of the Viking Inn reading with him... ;)

The scan is great. You're lucky mjp that you saw Bukowski on life reading. When I discovered him and his great books he was already death...

There's a bit of the "Hostage" reading in BIT too I believe, but it's the Vancouver reading that you see at the very beginning.

Those are the two final readings that were supposed to be released last year but never quite made it. I haven't heard from those guys lately so I don't know what the status is. I hope they don't get shelved for lack of distribution.

I don't think mjp said he saw a reading of Buk. But it's possible. I'll start a new topic about it.

The scan is great. You're lucky mjp that you saw Bukowski on life reading. When I discovered him and his great books he was already death...

Hi David,

I started a new thread: Bukowski readings

Perhaps you feel the need to write something down there? Just a suggestion.

The crossed out text reads:

At the ITALIAN COMMUNITY CENTERE
3075 SLOCAN and GRANDVIEW Hiway
Well, we're going to have a strike vote at the Italian Community Centre next week. Still not sure if the Viking Inn exists anymore. It's down in the roughest part of town where needles have replaced the bottle.

Personally I wouldn't mind a strike. More time to goof off. Less money of course but I always view "hard times" as rehearsals for retirement.

I started a new thread: Bukowski readings

Perhaps you feel the need to write something down there? Just a suggestion.
mjp: okay, I'll come back later and dredge up some memories. There were two readings I attended. More later, dude, as they say.

I did not see a reading. I got that ticket from Dennis, the guy who organized the show.
The Dennis from the live recording where the lady yells (I'm paraphrasing here), "Dennis! Get him a fucking bottle!" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back