Today's event. (1 Viewer)

Yes, let's bow our heads in the direction of Buk's grave in San Pedro...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't mean to be a smart ass, but Bukowski died on the nineth.

That reminds me of the NOFX song called August 8th about Jerry Garcia's death (celebrating it). Turns out he died on the 9th. Sorry to go off-topic for a sec...

famous story behind crucifix...and New Orleans...maybe some members don't know this yet.

Buk went to Jon and Lou Webb in March 1965 to work on 'Crucifix'.
Story about it by Buk in the 'Notes-Column' (don't think it was in the book, too) in Jan, 1968.
See also letters of March 25th 1965 to Dough Blazek and of Apr 9th and May 1965 to Tom McNamara (all in 'Screams').

I checked out "Screams". All I found was facts about the printing of "Crucifix", that he got Webb drunk, met a woman who drank more than he.
Of course there's the story about Buk living with Marie(?) who owned a restaurant and there's the story in "Hot Water Music" called "How To Get Published" and the fall-out with Corrigton. Is it one of those you're thinking about, Ponder?

Ok! - The foreword in Burning. We must have been posting at the same time ca., because your Burning post wasn't there when I replied.
Btw, the story about the Webbs visiting Buk you can find in Hot Water Music. It's called How To Get Published. It's very funny...

I must have read the story in Hot water music, but I don't remember, it's been decades ago. No worries, I ordered the book.

What I DO remember is the story about the fictional poet Victor Valov. What a good laugh. Unforgettable.

from what the bios say, (and shines a little through the letters), this visit in New Orleans musta been a distressing, at least not very compfy time.
Jon forced him to write and write every day no matter if he felt like writing, and Louise musta been upset after a while.
And I remember a drawing by Buk, showing the scene, where they have the whole place packed with pages of this book (even in the tub) and Lou screaming sth like "Bukowski everywhere! I can't see him anymore!"

This one, roni? :D

Attachments

• cbcart.gif
    cbcart.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Back