University of California Long Beach collection (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
no scanning time today, but I'll attach the G. Locklin files listed at the university of Long Beach. Note that in most of the magazines listed Bukowski also appeared. I could check those files and they were invaluable in the sense they complemented the UCSB archive. The UCSB archive has everyhing since 1944 up to 1970-1971 (when B sold his material to the university), but after that date everything turns sparser, if you know what I mean. They do have things, but not everything. BUT if you go to Long Beach you'll find loads of magazines which published B since 1970 up to 1993, such as Slipstream, OntheBus, etc.

Attachments

• Bukowski at Long Beach.zip
    69.1 KB · Views: 851
cirerita said:
...if you go to Long Beach you'll find loads of magazines which published B since 1970 up to 1993, such as Slipstream, OntheBus, etc.
I wonder if a comprehensive list exists anywhere. It seems to me that there's only one person who could have compiled that and it would be Bukowski himself, and I'm pretty sure that is not something he spent his time doing.

Linda may be sitting on a stash of these, or Martin - either way, a comprehensive list of appearances for the post-Dorbin years seems unlikely.

What's funny is that every time I see a magazine appearance for sale on ebay or someplace I check the database and it's there. So sometimes I think we've got most of it, and other times I think it's only a fraction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back