US Stamp to Honor Bukowski (1 Viewer)

Yeah, not much of a chance of that. They would read his poems and stories and see that he writes dirty words. We are a puritanical lot here, in the US.

Reagan and Nixon get stamps and they fucked us good, but saying the word Fuck, is somehow worse than what these guys did...

Bill

p.s. The petition was started by Esotouric. If not for that, I may actually sign the thing. If not for the fact that the whole thing will be spun into a way to make a bus tour out of it.....

Yeah, next they will be issuing a Robert Strange McNamara stamp. A Bukowski stamp would be nice but I do not believe it will ever happen.

Still waiting for a post that doesn't reference your blog, which I'm beginning to hate now.

Well I do have a Star Wars U.S. Post Office stamp set on my fridge...And Luke was in love with his sister...so....anythings possible?
attachment.php

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 709
Why you hating on me? On occasion I write on matters that interest this forum, which I've read and enjoyed for a couple years, but had nothing to offer. Now I broke the story of the tour guide's plan which is more hipster ironic than any ironically bad haircutted hipster drinking ironically bad beer could concoct. See you at the Hollywood Council meeting when I announce my bid to make Hollywood&Western Charles bukowski square!

Blah blah blah mainstream... We get it. Now please stop.

With 2,755 posts maybe you should stop -- there has to be more to do in the UK other than just post to a Bukowski forum. But then again, maybe I am wrong -- guess you could google the queen everyday.

we're not allowed to google the Queen anymore, there was a Royal decree. we're only allowed to google Camilla Parker Bowles now. less fun, but she has kick ass hats. so there's that.

Oh pigman.....

you lost me at googling the queen....

Hank Solo is agreeing with you, besides.

You're a cool attorney with great ideals expressed so far - (how rare is that ?)
Don't flip out on us - Are you drunk tonight ? That's cool.... call me for bail money if needed ;)

we all jump the rails now and then.....

Oh pigman.....

Don't flip out on us - Are you drunk tonight ? That's cool.... call me for bail money if needed ;)
Not drunk, but drinking wine last night -- sometimes I feel like I am shoveling sand against the sea with some of the clients I deal with day in and day out. Last night I was at my breaking point -- thats why I like this forum -- it is a pressure release for me.

Thanks group.

One day I'll have to make a list of everyone who has typed "MJB" at me, thinking they were delivering a painful barb. It would read like a who's who of humorless shitheads.

I think the intentional misspelling is the vicious taunt. Unless they are comparing me to MJB coffee. Either way, it's devastating, I tell you. Just devastating.

Don't talk bad about M J Blige! Really, she is a remarkable talent. I know that most people here are not into Hip Hop, but in that genre, she is at the top, talent wise. Maybe Beyonce is #2, but it is a long way down from #1 to #2.

Bill

p.s. Now that I have outsed myself as a closet MJ Blige fan. At least I'm not a Marc Almond fan or a fan of the Weather Girls....

The South Bay's Sunday Daily Breeze ->
Petition drive under way for Bukowski stamp
merits a 6 paragraph mention in section A, page 4

(ok, same paper,
10 pages later, same section ->
Women sentenced for smuggling monkey meat
only 3 paragraphs)

so there, HA

The South Bay's Sunday Daily Breeze ->
Petition drive under way for Bukowski stamp
merits a 6 paragraph mention in section A, page 4

(ok, same paper,
10 pages later, same section ->
Women sentenced for smuggling monkey meat
only 3 paragraphs)

so there, HA
If true, like I say the guy will be mainstream in 10 years. Also my apology to mjp -- I use to do some legal work (a long long time ago) for Nestles in SF who owned the MJB brand. I got use to typing MJB and I quess old habits die hard. Anyway I guess I am on the shithead list of mjp, maybe the enemies list also -- whatever fits -- I am getting ready to drink wine and pig out tonight, really pig out -- I love eating and drinking, its what I live for.

Say what you will but I find MJP the WORST R&b singer of our present time.
Remember the song, "Bend over let your tail feathers shake?"

???
I couldn't make this shit up
Cool - Bukowski as a mainstream American poet and writer with a stamp. Well Elvis did it. He sure was not mainstream but became mainstream -- just think -- this website may become the Holly Grail of Bukowski with tens of thousands of visitors a day and millions a year. mjp with his website will become a billionaire with assets exceeding those of Bill Gates.

Presidents will quote Bukowski and an enternal flame will be placed on his grave in San Pedro with 24 hour a day guards to prevent the public from stealing his headstone.

We will see What Would Bukowski Do (WWBD) bumper stickers.

Silly? just like Pluto was a planet?

Yes, silly. Because Pluto is a dog. But not just because of that. I'm not sure what you WANT.
I want 30% of our population to know who Bukowski was and have at least read one of his book's and at least 10 of his poem's. That is what I want.

Beware of trying to reason with someone who intends to sleep rough for a few days to "experience homelessness." You could be severely injured by flying hubris.

But then again, everybody gota die someday. That much we know.

Goofy is what a lot of posts are, but seriously I assume Pluto and Goofy have the strange relationship of a dog that walks on all fours (P) and one that walks on two feet (G). Goofy owns Pluto and lets him walk on a leash, which makes this couple kind of dog/dog BDSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back