• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Value of rare book in poor condition - Post Office HB (2 Viewers)

Plus I've seen a much nicer copy up for sale recently for (much) less... So... yeah kinda useless at this price... still...

"still" what? I think Bill is being very generous valuing the book at $500. I wouldn't pay half that. It's junk. There's no difference between the first of Post Office and the 58th printing, except the binding (for the hardcover) and the color title page. So if you're buying a book because its binding is unique and early, I really can't see any reason to buy one that has a binding that appears to have been used in an outhouse for 35 years.

If he sells that book for two grand I will take my new-as-the-day-it-came-out-of-the-box paperback first of Post Office out into the driveway, chop it up with a machete and burn the pieces. I'll post it all on YouTube for everyone to see. Because if he can sell that, everything in the world is wrong, and we're about to enter Thunderdome...

There's no difference between the first of Post Office and the 58th printing, except the binding (for the hardcover) and the color title page.

Well, that and the fact that it's signed and numbered, but yeah, I wouldn't pay more than about $200-250 for that copy either.

Oh yeah. That.

Hey man, I was off on a tangent, what do you want from me?

Anyway, looks like the auction ended without a buyer. Shocking.

If he sells that book for two grand I will take my new-as-the-day-it-came-out-of-the-box paperback first of Post Office out into the driveway, chop it up with a machete and burn the pieces. I'll post it all on YouTube for everyone to see. Because if he can sell that, everything in the world is wrong, and we're about to enter Thunderdome...

I need to check my finances, but I'm thinking $2,000 for a rotten signed first HB of Post Office and the visual you describe might actually be worth it.

"still" what? I think Bill is being very generous valuing the book at $500. I wouldn't pay half that. It's junk. There's no difference between the first of Post Office and the 58th printing, except the binding (for the hardcover) and the color title page. So if you're buying a book because its binding is unique and early, I really can't see any reason to buy one that has a binding that appears to have been used in an outhouse for 35 years.

I dunno what the still is for... I'll say... Still... its great to see someone waste their money so little at a time. How much longer before it gets a price drop, I wonder?

And also... if it was an outhouse copy... imagine the smell on THAT binding...

Beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back