We just lost Leonard Cohen (1 Viewer)

I'd contacted his agent a while back about doing a small book with Leonard Cohen and I got a really positive response so I am personally gutted to hear this. Despite his status he always felt like someone in touch with the world and I for one find this incredibly sad.

I just saw his face on tv
A couple of weeks ago I saw Bob Dylan's face on TV and I thought he had passed away. It turned out he was awarded a Nobel Prize.
Leonard Cohen wasn't so lucky (not to win the Nobel, but to stay alive) and I deeply regret it since some of his songs were part of my childhood even before I knew who he was.

poem1977-11-13-its_strange.jpg

I'd contacted his agent a while back about doing a small book with Leonard Cohen and I got a really positive response so I am personally gutted to hear this. Despite his status he always felt like someone in touch with the world and I for one find this incredibly sad.
I worked with him once, on a broadside for Sore Dove Press. He was very complimentary about the project and very kind. He will be missed. This has been a shitty week. At least Nick Cave is still alive. I can only take so much.

Embarrasingly enough, I just heard this one for the first time earlier tonight and have listened to it a half a dozen times since. What a fucking great way to say goodbye. I could live to 182 years old and never be that fucking cool...

I’m not sure if I’m doing this right...I just joined this group but I’m listening to a radio show called fresh air and Adam Cohen is on tonight talking about his father. It’s pretty interesting and I thought maybe some of you would like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back