Welcome To America, Rubyred ! (1 Viewer)

if you ever go to LA and visit the famous joint of Hollywood x Western: there are several Thai-food restaurants there. they're ok.

I haven't lived in the Bay area for some 30 years, but when I was out there we used to eat these Icecream and cookie things called "itsits" as long as your'e experiencing our (yours now) junk food offerings you should try one of these if they still exist. I liked them so much I named one of my springer spaniels after them... oh, and maybe a trip to a local drinking dive for a pickeled egg or herring!

yeah we have similar kinds of icecream sandwiches in new zealand.

i think i might go get some of those hostess cupcakes right now...

actually, i've already put on weight, but that's due more to the fact that i haven't been working 42-hour weeks on my feet for almost a month.

hostess cupcakes: excellent
root beer: foulest, revoltingest thing EVER. why did i think it was going to taste like ginger beer??

root beer: foulest, revoltingest thing EVER. why did i think it was going to taste like ginger beer??

Try Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve Root Beer poured over two scoops of Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream. You'll change your tune.

i really, really don't think so. it's the essence of the flavour that i despise - it reminds me of medicine i had to take as a kid.

haven't tried any CA wine yet... we went out for dinner the first weekend i was here, and the only sauvignon blanc they had on the list was from new zealand!! i saw some nz wine in trader joe's the other day - a popular and moderately expensive vinyard back home - and it's way cheaper here. liquour in general seems to be anything from 30% to 50% cheaper here as well. there were also nz apples at TJs so i got one for jordan.

we went to the local farmers' market on saturday - i was overwhelmed by the stalls just laden with summer fruit. so delicious!

jordan will tell you if he can't hear the stereo anymore . . .

I am a fan of Trader Joe's. I enjoy
their spinach lasagna - single servings.

Have you had the jo jos - chocolate covered cookies?
I don't eat sugar, or chocolate, but you might.

I hear they're killer.

actually, i've already put on weight, but that's due more to the fact that i haven't been working 42-hour weeks on my feet for almost a month.

I was kidding about the 250 pounds, but really, once you've tried it all you should avoid making it a habit. American junk food is just as deadly as cigarettes (only slower).

we went to the local farmers' market on saturday - i was overwhelmed by the stalls just laden with summer fruit. so delicious!

California is the place to be for fresh fruit and produce. We've got everything.

Rubyred Go to the juice bar and get the wheat grass shot with your Smoothie. On the side it's as refreshing as a freshly mowed lawn. Yummie!

Hey, I was drinking an IBC Root Beer while reading this-love them.

Trader Joe's is pretty good, I'm going tomorrow. We had some Bucati tonight from their which I guess is an Italian pasta.

Junk food is very, bad for you-stay away from the meth, too.

California has great fruit, we spend more money on that then the other catergories of food. Corn, watermelon, salad stuff is great. I had black velvet apricots this week and they were neat, kind of a cross between a plum and a nectarine.

If you want to taste true sweets from America, try "Funny Bones." Not sure if you have them in LA. My wife is from Alabama and has never seen them, but they rock. Milk chocolate-covered chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. Two of those with a tall glass of 1% milk and sex will no longer seem quite as important.

Wait...

everyone please cross your fingers and toes and manifest for me: i went for an interview at a cool bookstore in sf and i REALLY want this job.

yeah... everyone told me that my accent would totally get me places, but hardly anyone seems to even notice i have an accent, so i think that may be a myth.

what bookstore in sf is it? do you think it would break the spell of the fingers-crossed wishing if you said? it might, but good luck getting the job, that'd be a great way to start things off.

no job for me - lost out to two people who had bookstore experience :(

bill, the woman who interviewed me expressed rather strong dislike of mr howard when we were talking about bay area bookstores...

Ruby; Have you met my wife since you've been here?
windowslivewriterintroducinge-11316little-debbie3.jpg

This was when she was a little girl.;)

Little Debbie

i am a convert to little debbie products!

good news today: after being an unemployed bum and living off my american sugar daddy for the last two months, i FINALLY have a job... and my new boss is a new zealander!

i know, you jerk! i had to pay more for it at a bookstore, since you snagged jason's copy.

since you're now the proud owner... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pics of the other stuff he included with that edition... i've never seen them before!

sorry for long wait...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back