• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

What a buy! (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
Okay, I figured no one is waiting until the last second to bid for this so it was okay to show it.

If you were waiting to bid on it, don't. I have no doubt the signature is genuine, but it's not worth a 1/10 of what they are asking.

only 250 bucks for a sig i can have way cheaper coming with a whole first ed?
what a STEAL! - from the customer.

Think he'd take a buck for it? I mean... I can afford to pay that immediately. It looks... not quite right. Plus... if you've got $250 and want something signed by Buk... you can do better than something ripped out of a cheap book.

Yes, I saw that one. Both are authentic and priced about $200 too high.

People think that they have found gold. I guess when a bobblehead sells for $129, people get nuts and think that every scrap of paper is worth that kind of money.

I remember 5 years ago, on ebay, you could get a signed Bukowski poem ms from Scott Harrison for $35 - $100...

Bill

I remember 5 years ago, on ebay, you could get a signed Bukowski poem ms from Scott Harrison for $35 - $100...
Yes, I remember that too. I bought dozens. ;) Selling a few of them a few years later funded a used car purchase.

If I'd been a little more flush at the time I would have bought hundreds of those from him. Literally. That was something you'll never see again.

Yes, I remember that too. I bought dozens. ;) Selling a few of them a few years later funded a used car purchase.

If I'd been a little more flush at the time I would have bought hundreds of those from him. Literally. That was something you'll never see again.

it was a glorious time indeed. i made it out with 4 of them. i shoulda bought more when the gettin' was good. i still regret not bidding on a poem manuscript written on my birthday(8-8-75). anyone here have that one by chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back