What is this German audio CD? (1 Viewer)

pichon64

Not read nor write
I found it on a cd covers site and my German is poor... er, nonexistent :p

2657190700_02f98f6902_o.jpg

2656363443_796a5010b3_o.jpg

Any help, welcome :)

Thanks, Father Luke. Is this Semmelrogge someone I must know? Seriously, I never heard of him...

And Ponder, yes, I forgot it ;)

It's the German translation of Kid Stardust on the Porterhouse read on an audio cd in German by a guy named Martin Semmelrogge.
They say he has a smokey voice, ok, next time Tom Waits wil read a short story of Buk?

Oh, I just saw there is another story on the cd read by Semmelrogge. I can't recall the English title right now.
I don't own German translations of Buk books, perhaps Roni knows the title of the second story.
Semmelrogge played in the legendary movie Das Boot but that's another story.

If you scroll a little bit down you'll see that there's 2 other German Buk CD readings too.

Last edited by a moderator:
pichon64 when you link to an image in a private album, only your friends can see it. So a lot of people viewing this thread will not see the CD cover unless you move the image or make that album publicly viewable.

(hanksolo figured out this brain twister.)

pichon64 when you link to an image in a private album, only your friends can see it. So a lot of people viewing this thread will not see the CD cover unless you move the image or make that album publicly viewable.

Eh, huh, s-s-sorry. :o

oh, yeah - i'm a little late, eh?

the guys answered it correct already.

Don't have that CD, but the title 'Nicht mit sechzig honey' (='Not at age 60, honey') refers to a german translation of poetry: excerpts from 'Dangling in the tournefortia'.

The other CD by Semmelrogge contains the story 'Fuck Machine' (from 'Erections') and parts of the second german book of excerpts from 'Dangling', in germany being named 'Gedichte vom südlichen Ende der chouch' (='poems from the South-end of the couch').

you sure would not need to know Semmelrogge. To give you a glimpse of the difference of his importance in English-spoken countries compared to germany, just compare the length of these two wiki-entries:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Semmelrogge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Semmelrogge

The other CD is read by another 'famous' actor in Germany, Otto Sander. He's doing okay.
The CD contains german translations of 'A rain of women', 'Love it or leave it' and another one i'd have to look up the original title now. All three from 'erections'.

There used to be other audios with Buk-words in german:

Christian Brückner (german synchronization-voice for Robert de Niro and Harvey Keitel) did this one. not very good, unfortunately.

in the 70s, there was an LP by Gätz George with poems from this one. the LP had two following editions with different background-music. #1 / #2.

The latest of audio-productions with german translations of Buk is (to my knowledge) this one by Michael G. Symolka. it contains poems from 'Irgendwo in Texas' (='somewhere in Texas' - original title: 'Bone Palace Ballet').

all right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks roni. Just in case, I don't meant to be disrespectful with Semmelrogge's work when I asked if I need to know him. I welcome any info on Buk. And a lot of other info on everything else :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back