Where B. fucks man in butt (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for a quote from Notes From A Dirty Old Man. Namely, the part where he writes about fucking a man in the ass while mistaking him for his girlfriend. Anybody feel like writing down that short passage? Unless it breaks copyright rules or anything.

I'm looking for a quote from Notes From A Dirty Old Man. Namely, the part where he writes about fucking a man in the ass while mistaking him for his girlfriend. Anybody feel like writing down that short passage? Unless it breaks copyright rules or anything.

WHAT? It's in here in a couple of places. Nice first post.:rolleyes:

Start reading and get familiar with the search tab above.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with my first post? The "f" word? It's not like it's never been written on this forum before.

I did search. First, using keywords "fuck" and "ass". From there I learned the title of the book of the quote I'm looking for. Then I searched again, using that title. I got a lot of results. Looked through many pages. Didn't find what I was looking for.

The reason I'm looking for it is that I've read it once before, a long time ago, and it was probably the funniest piece of literature I've ever encountered. Now I'd like to read it again. And post in in other forums on the Internet.

What's wrong with my first post? The "f" word? It's not like it's never been written on this forum before.

That's funny. It shows you only have two posts.

The reason I'm looking for it is that I've read it once before, a long time ago, and it was probably the funniest piece of literature I've ever encountered. Now I'd like to read it again. And post in in other forums on the Internet.

That's the funniest thing I ever read.
Hope you have some good luck "finding" that piece.

Three people are against me now

I'm not "against anybody" or maybe I'm against everyone. Hell, I don't know. It just sort of sounded like you barged through the door into a room of strangers and started hollering some pretty touchy subject matter. I think that maybe were just a little gun shy of folks mostly interested in Bukowski's lewd side. thats an inside joke son, stick around, you'll get it....

Maybe you should introduce yourself in the "New Blood" section and tell us a little bit about you and your interest in Bukowski. That usually helps...

What ever. Delete the thread and ban me, I don't care.
Ooh, you're feisty! Here, read this. I realize it may have been hard to find, being in the SPOTLIGHT forum and all.

No one is going to transcribe the story for you, so you should probably go buy some books and type it out yourself. You know, for use on those other internet forums.

Last edited:
Jurgen, Sorry I don't have the overhead double dots to properly accent your name, but you should consider your self priviledged for the very warm welcome you have received from one of the others( above ) who in the old days would have asked you to go fuck yourself somewhere else. On that note Welcome to Bukowski dot net forum you will find everything you are looking for and more. We are a loving bunch of happy go lucky readers of the very wonderful and awe inspiring Charles Bukowski.

Enjoy all of the reading. Oh, do you have a dog?

Every dog deserves a bone. The passage you're looking for is from Notes of a Dirty Old Man, page 145 in the new version. It's not his girlfriend ... he wakes up drunk in his room and there is a "human form" beside him. He explains how in those days he always wanted to have anal sex with a woman but they wouldn't let him. So he sees the opportunity ("it's probably Mitzi, maybe Betty. What's the difference?") and he goes ahead and slips it in.

The "woman" begins moaning and Bukowski realizes that "she" is just pretending to be asleep.Then the sheet falls back and he sees who he's boinking. Note the reaction: "... it was one Baldy M. American MALE! all went limp. I fell back in indecent horror. I fell back sick, staring at the ceiling, and not a drink in the place."

So that doesn't sound like the reaction of a gay or bisexual guy.

The incident that Carver's Dog's mentioned in the thread that mjp provided earlier, from The Day We Talked About James Thurber, is probably the only incident I remember where he allowed gay sex (the boy giving him head to orgasm.) But in the three-way later in the story, Bukowski has sex with the girl and when the boy sticks his finger in Bukowski's butt, he punches the kid in the mouth.

Interesting speculation, but I think he was probably straight. But what do I know? :confused:

No, you are right Harry. Nothing in his writing that he indicates his attraction to a male specie. Except - one exception - Motorcycle cop ;-)

Oh, I thought this thread had died, since I haven't recieved any e-mails lately.

Maybe you should introduce yourself in the "New Blood" section and tell us a little bit about you and your interest in Bukowski. That usually helps...

Thanks for the tip.

Here, read this. I realize it may have been hard to find, being in the SPOTLIGHT forum and all.

Not what I was looking for, but thanks for the effort.

No one is going to transcribe the story for you, so you should probably go buy some books and type it out yourself.

Yeah, I kinda figured that by now.

Jurgen, Sorry I don't have the overhead double dots to properly accent your name...

Don't worry, it's not even my real name. And boy am I happy I registered in a fake name right now!

...but you should consider your self priviledged for the very warm welcome you have received from one of the others( above ) who in the old days would have asked you to go fuck yourself somewhere else. On that note Welcome to Bukowski dot net forum you will find everything you are looking for and more. We are a loving bunch of happy go lucky readers of the very wonderful and awe inspiring Charles Bukowski. Enjoy all of the reading.

Thank you.

Oh, do you have a dog?

No.

lol I'm a little late on this thread but man oh man, i'm glad i read this.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Glad I could make you happy.

Every dog deserves a bone. The passage you're looking for is from Notes of a Dirty Old Man, page 145 in the new version. It's not his girlfriend ... he wakes up drunk in his room and there is a "human form" beside him. He explains how in those days he always wanted to have anal sex with a woman but they wouldn't let him. So he sees the opportunity ("it's probably Mitzi, maybe Betty. What's the difference?") and he goes ahead and slips it in.

The "woman" begins moaning and Bukowski realizes that "she" is just pretending to be asleep.Then the sheet falls back and he sees who he's boinking. Note the reaction: "... it was one Baldy M. American MALE! all went limp. I fell back in indecent horror. I fell back sick, staring at the ceiling, and not a drink in the place."

So that doesn't sound like the reaction of a gay or bisexual guy.

The incident that Carver's Dog's mentioned in the thread that mjp provided earlier, from The Day We Talked About James Thurber, is probably the only incident I remember where he allowed gay sex (the boy giving him head to orgasm.) But in the three-way later in the story, Bukowski has sex with the girl and when the boy sticks his finger in Bukowski's butt, he punches the kid in the mouth.

Interesting speculation, but I think he was probably straight. But what do I know? :confused:

Thanks for the effort, dude.

Listen, everybody: I'm sorry I upset you guys. I am also sorry I have made an ass of myself. Neither of it was my intention. I didn't think the subject in question would be "touchy" since Buke himself seemed to think it was just a really funny anecdote, something he would tell people at parties for laughs. At least that's the feeling I got when I read it. And I thought asking for it on a forum would be quicker than going to the library.

Anyway, belive it or not I truly am a Bukowski fan. So I'm thinking about deleting my user, re-registering in a different name, and not make an ass of myself.

you're welcome Jürgen.

it's sometimes a bit of a problem, when new people arrive, don't introduce themselves and immediately ask others for a favor. so just go to the 'New Blood' first.

anyway, i can see the point in going to a forum for the purpose of only one question without intentions to get familiar with all the regulars there. i had questions in other forums too, where i only dropped by to get one answer from the pros there. and was always happy when i was given the info i wanted.

Jurgen, Sorry I don't have the overhead double dots to properly accent your name, but you should consider your self priviledged for the very warm welcome you have received from one of the others( above ) who in the old days would have asked you to go fuck yourself somewhere else. On that note Welcome to Bukowski dot net forum you will find everything you are looking for and more. We are a loving bunch of happy go lucky readers of the very wonderful and awe inspiring Charles Bukowski.

Enjoy all of the reading. Oh, do you have a dog?
Here's your umlaut, Mr. Gerard:
ü

And while Bukowski may not have been gay, merry or even happy, I found him to be pretty genial in my limited contacts with him. :)

Listen, everybody: ... I didn't think the subject in question would be "touchy" since Buke himself seemed to think it was just a really funny anecdote, something he would tell people at parties for laughs. At least that's the feeling I got when I read it...

Hi Jürgen Mutant,

Welcome to the group. I got the exact same feeling you did: that Bukowski laughed about the incident repeatedly and was open about it freely with his friends and readers, because it appears to be true. Even more so, I find it extremely funny that he was working at the US postal service at the time and this particular Notes column was the very one that came to the attention of his superiors! - they wouldn't want their image tarnished. Anyway, I think it's Bukowski at his funniest and I'm sure you'll somehow come across the passage you want - an extreme example of "mistaken" identity. :) Unfortunately, I know longer have the book myself.

The best to you.... Poptop.

Hi Jürgen Mutant,

Welcome to the group. I got the exact same feeling you did: that Bukowski laughed about the incident repeatedly and was open about it freely with his friends and readers, because it appears to be true. Even more so, I find it extremely funny that he was working at the US postal service at the time and this particular Notes column was the very one that came to the attention of his superiors! - they wouldn't want their image tarnished. Anyway, I think it's Bukowski at his funniest and I'm sure you'll somehow come across the passage you want - an extreme example of "mistaken" identity. :) Unfortunately, I know longer have the book myself.

The best to you.... Poptop.

Actually I think the funniest thing about it is the fact that the "victim" refuses to leave Buke's apartment for two weeks afterwards...

Thanks! :)

I never get tired of reading the title of this thread.

I chose Bukowski's own words... For the sake of consistency.

Actually I think the funniest thing about it is the fact that the "victim" refuses to leave Buke's apartment for two weeks afterwards...

Thanks! :)

Had forgotten about that. Oh god... lol! It gets funnier and funnier. (Would love to reread that story myself - it's been years.) Perhaps this is Bukowski's cautionary tale (tail?) for all prototype males. :eek:

And I thought asking for it on a forum would be quicker than going to the library.

Of course! Usually we answer questions when people pop up in the forum, but typing out the whole story (4-5 pages long!) was probably asking for a bit too much. - Anyway, welcome to the forum, Jürgen!

Of course! Usually we answer questions when people pop up in the forum, but typing out the whole story (4-5 pages long!) was probably asking for a bit too much. - Anyway, welcome to the forum, Jürgen!

Well, as far as I recall, the passage I was looking for isn't longer than a quarter to a third of a page. ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm looking for a quote from Notes From A Dirty Old Man. Namely, the part where he writes about fucking a man in the ass while mistaking him for his girlfriend.
das buch sollte überall in deutschland erhältlich sein. unter dem titel "aufzeichnungen eines außenseiters".

It doesn't make any sense typing your first or zweitens posting in German.
Trust me.

das buch sollte überall in deutschland erhältlich sein. unter dem titel "aufzeichnungen eines außenseiters".

Unleash the dogs!

Welcome to the forum and please push the translate button I am an obnoxious American who thinks the whole world needs to speak English for the sake of my fore fathers God bless their lovely souls.
Besides I don't know what to do about those double dots over the U's. The Turks do that too.
BTW I have German fore fathers as well.;)
Like Great Grandpa Mohr who settled in the Oklahoma Territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back