Who are the best current writers? (1 Viewer)

Been wondering about this lately. I pretty much only read the "classics", and I'm not very knowledgable of current writers. The only ones I can name are people like Stephen King, James Patterson and those types—people that everyone knows. Who would you guys say are the writers of today that will end up being important to literature. I don't want to miss out on anything going on right now. Recommendations?

Who would you guys say are the writers of today that will end up being important to literature.
If that's a prerequisite, I don't know if there's anyone out there who fits the bill.

It's a good question though. I can't think of anyone out there whose name I see and think, "oh, a new whoever book, I have to get that right now!"

If you're looking for good writing and not necessarily what may one day be canonized as IMPORTANT LITERATURE, look no further than Stephen Hines, and check out his recent short story collection, the late season. Hosho McCreesh is also very good, and he's got a lot going on, including a debut novel on the near horizon.

And I don't mean to imply that they don't create what may one day be seen as IMPORTANT LITERATURE, maybe they have or maybe they will. I guess I just don't know what important literature is. Important to who?, I'd ask (not really wanting to know the answer).

If that's a prerequisite, I don't know if there's anyone out there who fits the bill.
Well I suppose you can never know what will end up being a classic. Only time can tell. But I'm looking for writers that people think will end up being remembered. Names that will have the same level of fame that a Hemingway or a Bukowski has...if there are any. I'll definitely check out the ones you mentioned

This may be the one modern writer the gods have chosen for immortality...

Danny_Valdez_full_size (1).jpg

I only remember his name because he shares the name with an oil spill from 29 years ago....It appears there's still some spilled in his hair.

Yes, I think Stephen Hines, Hosho McCreesh & Bud Smith are current writers that kick ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back