Who would u like to see direct a movie made from a Buk novel? (1 Viewer)

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
The Buk movies that have come out so far have been just okay. Is there anyone out there who you think could/would possibly do a credible job writing a script fro one of his novels? And who could/would direct? Coen brothers? Jim Jarmuch? Who and what novel? The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to suggest... nobody other than *maybe* one of the two mentioned.

I thought the brothers, Alan and Gabe Polsky, did a terrific job with Willy Vlautin's The Motel Life, and loved the way Sean S. Baker shot Tangerine. How either would translate to Bukowski's work is hard to tell, but I'd certainly give it a look.

I like the idea of Herzog. Giamatti & Buscemi I like a lot. PG did a great job in American Splendor.

If you like Giamatti you should watch the HBO (I think) mini series John Adams. He was great in that. He captured the pettiness and ego that afflicted a lot of important historical figures perfectly (and continues to afflict important, high profile types, politically and otherwise).

Plus, in the series Ben Franklin is a straight up pimp. So there's that.

Rainer Werner Fassbinder, who died in 1982 at the age of 37, directing "Ham On Rye". That would have been a great and really depressing movie.

I wonder if Fassbinder ever read Bukowski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back