Your worst buy (1 Viewer)

I'd have to think about it. At the moment nothing crosses my mind, that I'd regret.
(probably a copy of 'Heat Wave' lacking the 15 serigraphs.)

I still have a xeroxed thing around here somewhere that someone put together when they were trying to sell Bukowski's letters to Pam. It looked like it could have had a Bukowski signature on the cover, but it didn't. I don't recall how much I spent on that, but any amount was too much.

Unless anyone wants to buy it, in which case it is priceless!

I bought a copy of It Catches My Heart in Its Hands without the Cork Cover. Paid $700. Seller refunded me $50 when I told her, but wouldn’t take the return. My own fault – all the pics were there, but I didn’t catch it.

I still have a xeroxed thing around here somewhere that someone put together when they were trying to sell Bukowski's letters to Pam. It looked like it could have had a Bukowski signature on the cover, but it didn't. I don't recall how much I spent on that, but any amount was too much.

Unless anyone wants to buy it, in which case it is priceless!

No you don't; you sold it to me! I believe Red Stodolsky put it together. You do have to look at it closely to be sure none of it is genuine. I forget how much I paid for it. Now someone's posted all three of my worst buys. :eek:

Oh, I see you mentioned Red in the link. What maybe you don't know is that I peeled back the brown paper bag material that appeared to be accidentally stuck to the inside back cover and there was a second picture of that drawing with Buk and Pam.

No you don't; you sold it to me!
Must be the early onset Alzheimer's again. What can I say.

I had a trade deal set up for that, and the tradee balked when he realized the pages were copies. So I thought I still had it. There you go.

Don't worry, there are other things I could list.
What maybe you don't know is that I peeled back the brown paper bag material that appeared to be accidentally stuck to the inside back cover and there was a second picture of that drawing with Buk and Pam.
That thing is weird. It was certainly an elaborate and odd production.

I bought a copy of It Catches My Heart in Its Hands without the Cork Cover. Paid $700. Seller refunded me $50 when I told her, but wouldn’t take the return. My own fault – all the pics were there, but I didn’t catch it.
Maybe Bill Roberts would print you a facsimile cork cover. I think he's experimented with letterpress on cork. Sure, it would still be incomplete, but not so naked that way.

Both my best and worst buy was Outsider #3. I always wanted a nice copy, but apparently I couldn't keep myself from overpaying for it. Right after dishing out $285 (shipping not included), I found one that was about $120 cheaper (shipping not included). I'm glad to have a well-presereved, readable copy, but Jesus, impulses and those GD shipping costs eat you alive...

Rekrab,
I could, but it makes me nervous about the idea. If I knew that there was any way to avoid confusion, I'd be into it, but worried that this will end up sometime in the future as the original cover. Not that PM would deceive anyone intentionally, but I worry about the next person that sells it...

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back