Your *strangest* Buk Piece (1 Viewer)

Hell, if people will buy Bukowski rubber stamps and bobbleheads, there's gotta be a market for a Bukowski condom.

I can see it now -- a little head (no pun intended) shot with "don't think" underneath ...

... there's gotta be a market for a Bukowski condom.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bukowski-condoms.gif
    bukowski-condoms.gif
    79.9 KB · Views: 443
Not a bad idea at all, Roni, but I prefer your ideas on how a Buk action man should look and sound...:D

special edition is available with:

- no neck (& bad as hell)
- shit stains in his underwear (too)
- vomit before quoting a poem

there you go:
That's more like it, Roni! :D
I like that he vomits before he recites a poem. That's just so realistic!
Are there different sizes and colors of shit stains one can put in his underwear?
I think we need a jacuzzi too, and a racing form, but maybe that's for the limited edition?
We also need a Jane action woman! We can't have a Buk action man without a Jane action woman. That would be like having a Barbie doll without Ken.
I would also like to suggest a John Martin action figure, complete with a printing press and all.
Not to mention action figures of Buk's poetry friends like Neeli, John Thomas, Steve Richmond etc.
I trust you can come up with some good proto types, Roni! If somebody can do it, then it's you! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i had posted these in the "best gift ever" thread but it seems fitting for this thread as well....
linda sent these items to me:
James, I've always meant to mention something about your cache there. If I were you, I would remove that envelope from the frame with the shirt. The envelope is likely made from an acidic (cheap) paper, and over the years that acid will start to break down the paper and may stain or discolor the shirt.

Unless you've rigged up some kind of acid-free barrier between the envelope and the shirt, in which case, forget I said anything.

James, I've always meant to mention something about your cache there. If I were you, I would remove that envelope from the frame with the shirt. The envelope is likely made from an acidic (cheap) paper, and over the years that acid will start to break down the paper and may stain or discolor the shirt.

Unless you've rigged up some kind of acid-free barrier between the envelope and the shirt, in which case, forget I said anything.

nope, no acid-free barrier. thanks for the heads up. i've never really thought about that happening. maybe i'll frame the envelope under the shirt...

If the envelope is likely to break down over time, then it might be a good idea to scan it. That way you can at least preserve a copy in the long run...

nope, no acid-free barrier. thanks for the heads up. i've never really thought about that happening. maybe i'll frame the envelope under the shirt...
Better safe than sorry. It would suck to take it out in 10 years (when you give it to me ;)) and have a big spot on the shirt.

If the envelope is likely to break down over time, then it might be a good idea to scan it. That way you can at least preserve a copy in the long run...
It will discolor eventually. The paper won't break down - well, not during our lifetime anyway - but it will brown. You can see it in old envelopes and paper.

But it could be a really expensive, acid free envelope, in which case it will last a few hundred years. Who knows. But like I said, it's better safe than sorry, especially when storing it next to a light colored fabric.

WTF??!! ok thats it damnit, I'm investing in one of those "rare" ugly t-shirts... hell maybe all of them......

5 hours to go...

...and the 'Buk' bobblehead is up to $105. Unbelievable.

Incredible price, and it might even go up! I'm sure it would be cheaper to contact the manufacturer and buy a copy directly from them:

Bierfurzen-Spielzeuge GmbH

Obernzenn, Bavaria

GERMANY

Hi,
As far as the Buk bobble head... This is going to be the case where the first buyer pays much, much more than the later buyers. I can guarantee that once this sells, there will be another listed next week. That will do well. But, by the 10th or so, they will lose value, as only those truly crazy people will have already bought one.

Yes, I can see them going for $20 in a year.

Bill

If that damn thing were free I wouldn't have it on my shelve. just plain tacky. but then thats just me.....

Ha-ha! Once again we're back to the "important" question of whether or not Buk was gay...:D

Neither do I, and I really don't give a damn if he had a gay encounter or not...

Ha-ha! Once again we're back to the "important" question of whether or not Buk was gay...:D
No, I don't think it's all that important, and I don't think he was gay. But I also don't think you accidentally fuck a dude in the ass either. But he would try anything once. Or so I just read somewhere.

Last edited:
Okay, I give up. I'm looking for a thread that was a lot like this one. I've been away from my computer for two weeks. Before I left, I posted about having a fax that Buk sent to a book dealer, as an example of a strange item. While I was gone (trip to NY & Boston) Bill posted asking if I would post a scan of that fax. I saw that in my email, but I can't find the thread again. So... I'll post the scan as soon as I get settled and find the thread again. Am I remembering this wrong? (always a danger of that). I searched for "fax". Also I mentioned a book of matches from Buk's wedding. Searched for "match" and didn't find it either. Maybe that subthread developed into an ugly flamewar and had to be deleted? Or am I just delusional?

But I also don't think you accidentally fuck a dude in the ass either.

Ya but(t) if you did "accidentally" fuck a guy in the ass, just once, maybe that just makes you "adventurously mistaken". not exactly gay. I mean a guy can make one mistake, right? :p or not?

Okay, I give up. I'm looking for a thread that was a lot like this one. I've been away from my computer for two weeks. Before I left, I posted about having a fax that Buk sent to a book dealer, as an example of a strange item. While I was gone (trip to NY & Boston) Bill posted asking if I would post a scan of that fax. I saw that in my email, but I can't find the thread again. So... I'll post the scan as soon as I get settled and find the thread again. Am I remembering this wrong? (always a danger of that). I searched for "fax". Also I mentioned a book of matches from Buk's wedding. Searched for "match" and didn't find it either. Maybe that subthread developed into an ugly flamewar and had to be deleted? Or am I just delusional?

Apparently, it is both your strangest and Rarest Buk piece... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back