Zombie bukowski (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the zombie of charles bukowski will make his first philadelphia appearance on march ninth 2009 at the triangle tavern which is located across the street from the site of the moyamensing prison where charles bukowski did 15 days.

zombie bukowski is searchable if you would like to read up on the details of the event.

zombie bukowski is a feverish dream that i have nursed and nurtured and put on the back burner for years until a confluence of events and a site, an actual historicalish site, that will let me run the show

zombie bukowski will pay a cash prize to the "bukowski-est" reader at the show

zombie bukowski may get ugly

all are welcome to attend

zombie bukowski thanks you for reading this, his first ever press release

get there early, its a small space

bakeowski - love your enthusiasm but you remind me of those Ferrell - Oteri cheerleader skits from SNL (that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Harry, wish I could stop by for few rounds (after few rounds at the Joe Frazier's Gym) - it sounds like you guys gonna have some fun there.

Suggestion for the 'official' drink: Irish Wake.

okay i am preparing to come to this... i'm trying to get as many bukowksi fans as possible to come with me, but we can't take off of work that day (too pussy, i guess). so what time are the readings and whatnot starting and ending? i want to get as much info as possible so we can come and celebrate. thanks.

What are the odds? Both bakeowski and typhoidmary posting from hsd1.pa.comcast.net, neither of them having a shift key...wow...it's freaky. It's like they are the same person! So weird.

I won't be there. Something strange and sick about dressing up as a decomposing bukowski and then reenacting the Bukowski of Barfly for the amusement of people that only know Bukowski as a drunk and a womanizer.

It is all very cartoonish.

Bill

it will start at 730 im arriving at the place at 645 or so i still need a few readers'let me know im dressing up like a zombie because i think its funny if you read my website of the same name you will find the mission statement of sorts you can honor him in your own way please mention charles bukowski american author when you guys come in i will save you a table if one of you wants to be a judge that would be cool my screen name at yahoo is my email if you need a quicker response time if you search for my screen name on the web you will find out all you care to about what i do with words and what makes me the person that i am i dont use the shift key because my hands are the size of hams and i often hit the wrong button and because i just dont care the show i do on 4/20 is REALLY gonna piss you off then bospress because im celebrating the drug poems of bukowski in the reading im definitely reading the one about philly where he goes to get a job on the bus i just gotta find it any suggestions for philly related peices would be great, my set list isnt fixed i think for sure im reading the one agbout the track where dude is eating a pastramis sandwich in the bathroom and the one where his wallet falls into the toilet at the track if i can find them... the zombie crap is an idea that makes me titter i will retire him on charles birthday at an event id like to hold at the race track

hahaha mjp, i can assure you i am not bakeowski. it's awfully sad of you to think that bukowski couldn't have fans who were similiar. and if i'm not mistake, buk only really used the shift key when saying "I" in his poems. maybe we're ALL the same person. whoa. i am really going to try to get there by 7:30, but i may not be able to due to the drive (i am going to be in the pottstown area for work around 6 or so). also, i think having a bukowski reading at the race track would be amazing.

You can pick me up at my girlfriend's apartment in NE Philly. I plan on being very drunk so I hope you can help me to your car even if it involves dragging me. I warn you that I'll probably be burning holes with my cigarette into the interior of your automobile during the trip. I can't help this, it just seems to be a drunken habit of mine. You'll have to keep the passenger side window down the entire trip due to my excessive puking (I think it's a disease but the doctors don't agree) and bring a very large bottle (40 oz or wine jug will work) because I will need something to piss in along the way and I'm not trying to get busted for public urination. When we get to the bar I'm going to do a reading that will involve my son's cassette tape of a bunch of mooing cows, the words won't be worth a damn so i hope you can raise the volume of the mooing cows to drown out my voice. You can pm for contact info... I am super stoked about this and I'll be damned if we can make this happen!!

typhoidmary/bakeowski said:
it's awfully sad of you to think that bukowski couldn't have fans who were similiar.
Really? Are you sad? You gonna cry?

Fucking moron.

Go get your zombie costume ready, you clueless piece of pomo dog shit.

We are planning a 90th Birthday in Newark, DE. It will be at a bar, with beer and poetry, im sure, but if anyone shows up as a zombie, they will be shown the door...

Plus, I have never understood celebrating someone's date of death, unless they were someone evil like Hitler, Jerry Falwell or James Ellroy.

Bill

Plus, I have never understood celebrating someone's date of death, unless they were someone evil like Hitler, Jerry Falwell or James Ellroy.

I've never heard of anybody actually celebrating someone's date of death before now. A memorial service maybe, but never a celebration. I guess times are a-changing.

duc195826-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that there are people who celebrate the death day for someone like Falwell by having a nice breakfast with a couple large coffees and then making their way over the grave site and taking a big greasy shit on his grave.

I would do it, but I have a shy bladder and probably would have an even harder time squatting and taking a crap in public...

Bill

Granted - a person like Falwell is one of the exceptions to the rule. :)

"honoring" is the word i think i used when i spoke to the young newspaper man it changed to celebrate somewhere along the line.... i believe i "get" bukowskibut what do i know? im more neanderthal than cromagnon maybe you high brows can help me evolve too the prize is for the "most bukowski" i dont even know what that means im playing it my ear but if some of you bukowski geniuses wh truly know the man and his spirit in ways that i could never fathom who sit in judgement without knowing all the facts maybe yo should come and be a judge or offer a set of judgeing criteria that i will give the judges that they will use to judge th contestants you have no idea who or what i am this has not even happened yet this is still marketing you are familiar with marketing aren't you??? buke sure was and appealing to the lowest common denominato was something he would do for cash if he felt bad about it and wrote later poems about how creepy he felt dealing with the common man the man who cant understand mahler or celine if he started giving some of the mney back that he felt guilty about because they werent getting him i never heard of that bukowski id like to hear more about him tho im still early in the catalog i didnt get past the one about the early bird special because it didnt speak to me because im not old yet when im old maybe ill get those later poems where im guessing he must have evolved ill get there but for you to give me shit about the marketing phase of this is as absurd as my ex girlfriend yelling at me not to leave the cabinet door open as i approach the cabinet you want me to kill ten minutes reading a set of rules to them about the true nature of buke and how they can truly understand him as well as you do and heres some simple steps to guide you thru your evolutioin as a buke fan.... even better i WILL give a quick buke test to the fans to gauge their evolution as buke fans this is a great idea thankyou for sparking that synapse THANK YOU are you a stage one cretin, who loves buke becauce he writes short sentences that are oftern about booze or sex? stage two frat boy who has seen and quotes barfly and owns a few books and kicks women who bug him like in that awful interview stage three who is in recovery, has a shelf full of books and writes his wn awkward pomes in homage, going to poetry events stage four who has read all the men he has shouted out in his prose, and knows buke so much better than the average man becasue he reads what the man read and listens to classical music while cranking out limited edition boutique books that only three people in america will truly understand because you are so far ahead of us neanderthals stage five....i didnt get to stage five yet but what i will do for you fine worried folks is try to distill some of the finest ideas i can from this website and using your own words tell these low brows how they can be as cool as you.... thankyou for being jerkoffs jerkoffs inspire me to action thats why i focussed on rugby for 20 years, to deal with jerkoffs in the best way i knew how now im more a target than a force of nature so im going a different way with my energy and what the hell is a pomo? im not smart enough to be insulted by that is that some fancy term like BFF thet you eggheads toss at each other at your secret bukowski meetings? so ill go change any use of celebrate to honor because i am honoring his spirit by reading his words that was my intent the rest is the sizzle you will have to trust me on this sorry still looking for me using the word celebrate...im careful about my word choice out of respect for the things it really would be helpful if we developed a judging criteria and that would be a better use of everyones energy i think i want to emphasize that i WILL read a thoughtful well worded repudiation of the event at the event.... or a list of rules for the judges or my half started list of the "stages of bukowskidom" with an explanation of why i am reading it because some fans are obviously better than others and i didnt know fandom was competitive is there a ranking system? if you bothered to look at the zombie blog youd see the first line says zombie bukowski is a metaphor...maybe some of these cro magnon level fans can explain to you what a metaphor is....but thanks in advance for your help, in whatever form it will come in! i really appreciate the new mental pathways that are opening because of the time i spent here.....

i don't really understand why fans would be so against something that celebrates a writer. there aren't a lot of things like this in philadelphia (at least that i know of), so i am all for it, even if there is some sort of zombie aspect to it. so much fucking hatred when we should all just come together and celebrate our commonality. my guess is you probably aren't even from this area which means there's no point for you to even be commenting in this thread. so please, allow people from philadelphia to honor and celebrate charles bukowski in a way that he would have enjoyed: by getting drunk and reading his poetry.

I would do it, but I have a shy bladder and probably would have an even harder time squatting and taking a crap in public...
His defamation of the teletubbies gives you a good enough reason to at least try. Tinky winky wasn't a gay icon, he never endorsed cher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back