A song that represents bukowski? (1 Viewer)

not one.

seriously, not that one. I spend a lot of time hanging around high schools (and I mean A LOT), but if I hear that song coming from a classroom doing a report on Bukowski I'll be pissed. (exceptions: grade 11 Honors English, grade 10 health, and Mr. [Ms.?] Earles' "know me, know you" extra curricular after school sessions.)

are we clear?

are we?

These clowns don't know how to take anything seriously.

accurately expresses the kind of longing and debasement that is part and parcel of the poet laureate of skid row.

mjp, you haven't been reading my emails, have you?

the Astley song has been snapped up by Hunter S. Thompson's people. we're not allowed to touch it. in fact, Johnny Depp has signed on to play Astley as a "gay Irish pirate" in the new HST adaption. even though Rick isn't Irish. must be the red hair confusing poor Johnny.

however, song is still available.

let's move on this one, people. Hubert Selby Jr.'s website is making overtures.

not one.

seriously, not that one. I spend a lot of time hanging around high schools (and I mean A LOT), but if I hear that song coming from a classroom doing a report on Bukowski I'll be pissed. (exceptions: grade 11 Honors English, grade 10 ...........
Hooch, that is terrible. I think my ears began to bleed a bit.

accurately expresses the kind of longing and debasement that is part and parcel of the poet laureate of skid row.
This is the song. Thanks for posting that heavenly link. I am so truly energized and pumped up now and I'm not even watching the hot video that goes with this bitchin' song.
Yes, this song should at least be the official song of Bukowski dot Net and a song by Rick James. I'm never Gonna' give never gonna' give! Yeah that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

I wish you could put You Tube on repeat.
Did you notice the video shows the bartender more than the two hot blondes dancing behind the singer.

Oh, and here's some .....bitch!

classic !

Fuck you hard for making me watch five seconds of that. I suppose this was intended to validate the "Was Bukowski Gay" thread.

Blues Man From LA
Robert Lucas

196-link_AUDIOQUEST1011-1.jpg

Apologize for this but I hate this fucking thread. It cost a good poster his place here - so I'll post the song (actually album) here. Bukowski is his own brand of brilliant - tenured profs in their Towers of Ivory will never accept his like in their padded domains. I'll stick with the outsiders every time. Like Bukowski needs a song to rep but.... a clear rep of an outsider looking in.(Old forum attachment ID is incorrect, see thumbnails.)

images.jpg

What the fuck are you talking about? Lay off the cough medicine, Gomer.

Yes, I was wondering who got kicked out of this thread too. There have been several arguments about music and art, in fact so many it's hard to keep track. By the way, Goober should not be confused with Gomer.
Gomer
nabors_gomer.jpg
....................Goober.......
Hpic-goober.jpg

Apologize for this but I hate this fucking thread. It cost a good poster his place here.

Oh for Christ's sake. No one kicked me out. I got sick of the bitching and it got boring. I was writing mini-Bibles defending Morrissey against a total stranger, on the internet. I realized how fucking gay it was.

In retrospect, the ill-advised mixture of Morrissey and Bukowski that I offered should have put been put down like a sick horse as soon as my brain conceived of putting it together in the first place. Hindsight is always 20-20.

I still like Morrissey.
Phillips still thinks Morrissey is a piece of overrated shit.
The world still spins with both he and I on it.

This is an excellent site. As a still pretty recent Buk convert, I use it for reference reading and biographical information constantly, and the wealth of information it supplies -not to mention how succinctly and accessibly it is presented- is unparalleled. Phillips is the reason for that. His insults and assumptions in my direction hurt, yeah, but it's just what he does. No one held a gun to my head when I posted the link to that song. I was asking for trouble, and I got it.

Unintentionally, I insulted mjp's sensibilities with my use of Bukowski's dialog stapled onto the work of another artist who Phillips considers meritless. Obviously, to him, this seemed to be a crass and juvenile excercise in the worst way. He called me out on it, and he had a right to do so. I got caught up in his mudslinging, and I felt attacked and cornered...albeit harmlessly and absurdly, as -again- it's the internet.

It doesn't change the fact that Phillips runs a great site and that, officially or otherwise, he has the final say here.

So, la di da.

Bukowski is his own brand of brilliant - tenured profs in their Towers of Ivory will never accept his like in their padded domains. I'll stick with the outsiders every time. Like Bukowski needs a song to rep but.... a clear rep of an outsider looking in.

the spirit of 'I Scribbler' compels you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back