again and again and again? [empirestatebooks] (1 Viewer)

1fsh2fsh

I think that I think too much
Founding member
christ, here we go again. I'm too stuupid to post a link on this here masheen, but take a look at e-bay item #330149204824, a signed autograph card... and once again I'm no x-purt, but damn, this just don't look right to me, I'm trying not to be overly skeptical, but.... (maybe someone with more know-how can post the link here for all to see?)

o.k fuckit damnit, I'm saying that this is bullshit!! on closer inspection, I'm saying that this is definatly a fake!! Hell, sue me if you want....

Hi,
I just notified him. I think that this autograph appeared a while back from the same seller? Did they pull it back then or did it not sell? I recognize the forgery and I recognize the name of the seller..

Bill

Hi,
This is in their listing:

100% of Autographs and Signed Books are Considered Authentic & a(LOA)Letter of Authenticity is available on quite a few Rare Signed Books with a Lifetime Guarantee,If We or our Second/Third Party feel they are not authentic they are not listed period.

I say that we see what they say to me. If they do not pull it, I think that "nice" e-mails telling them in a friendly, but helpful way from some of our members may show then that a field of experts is sure that this is a poor forgery may get them to pull it and never again list it on ebay.

Bill

If they do not pull it, I think that "nice" e-mails telling them in a friendly, but helpful way from some of our members may show then that a field of experts is sure that this is a poor forgery may get them to pull it and never again list it on ebay.
Yeah, I just wanted to say, if you saw the long thread about "greenesbooks" before it was pulled, he posted what he said was a message he received through eBay, and it was angry and semi-threatening.

If it was real (not that I believe anything he says, and even if it was real, it wasn't necessarily one of us), that is not the way to communicate with these people. If you email the seller on any of these things, try to be polite. It will work better for us in the long run.

Here's a link to a short article by Barry R. Levinson about the problems with "Flat Signed" books...

Last edited by a moderator:
Closure on this one.

The seller seemed very nice and said that she received three very helpful e-mails saying the same thing. She said that she would end the auction (which she did) and would get her money back from the person that sold this to her.

Seems like an honorable person.

Bill

thanks Bill, this is getting to be a full time job for you....

Hi,
Thanks. It is nice when one ends with both sides feeling happy with the result.

It is our responsibility to police forgeries of our favorite author and have them pulled, when possible. Some people really do receive bad autographs and do not know the difference. Us letting them know keeps them from accidentially ripping someone off and keeps badmaterial from the market. Just think, if every author had people looking for things like this and keeping the community safe for novice fans.

Black Sparrow really did a favor by making so many signed books available. Also, with the different cloth spines, etc, it usually makes a signature 100% verifiable and authentic. I have no doubts that every Bukowski book that I have in my collection is authentic. No doubts at all. Find me one Stephen King fan that can claim that!

Bill

thank -you, I should make an effort to learn these things but I'm awfully lazy.

hey, fish, on this forum you don't even need to know HTML to post a link:
just copy the URL from your browser (I'm sure you CAN do this) and paste it somewhere inside your writing.
'The forum' makes a link out of it automatically!
Try! It's easy!

ok,ok, next time I'll try. my daughter would be so ashamed of me, she's a programer or web designer or some such thing(?) I'm so embarassed....

NO need to be ashamed AT ALL, babe!

computers Can be sheer HORROR,
new complex things can be Horror,
Life can be (even though you're supposed to be used to it - since you knew it from the start, somehow).
EVERYTHING can force you to your edge...
But - sometimes there's a way to FIGHT the suckers!
in terms of posting a link to buknet - there definitely IS a way.
That's all.
excuse my sermon.

Hi,
Upon further examination, I see that the other books that they are selling are not authentic. The Condon, & Nixon books are really poor forgeries. I'm not saying that they did this, but someone signed these books and it was not the authors.

Bill

They've got to be kidding with the Nixon...

FORGERYnixon.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back