• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Another Free offer from Bottle of Smoke Press (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
I have just printed a postcard by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. The front is a new poem called PITY THE NATION . It was a joint release between Bottle of Smoke Press and Sore Dove Press. The edition is limited to 700 copies, with 500 being given out by Ferlinghetti at City Lights in San Francisco and various poetry readings and 100 for friends of each press. No copies are made available for sale. I am holding back about 75 of mine for friends of BoSP that are not on this forum.

This is where you come in, friends. Please contact me at [email protected] or PM me with your address and I'll send you one. I'll put it in an envelope and will not send it as a postcard so it should arrive in mint condition.

The postcard is printed letterpress on a 1914 Chandler & Price letterpress. The poem is very political, very timely and I feel that he said something that needs to be said. I was very honored to print it.

Bill

Ferlinghetti used to let me hang out in his book store in San Francisco on rainy days
when I was homeless. Not a bad guy.

Thanks Bill.

Hi,
To answer your question (and for the benefit of the forum I am answering it here), I will gladly pay postage to anywhere in the world. $.80 is a small price to pay to spread the word to places all over the globe, so no need for you to pay any postage.

Bill

To answer your question (and for the benefit of the forum I am answering it here), I will gladly pay postage to anywhere in the world. $.80 is a small price to pay to spread the word to places all over the globe, so no need for you to pay any postage.

That's great! I send my address to you by PM.

I will gladly pay postage to anywhere in the world. $.80 is a small price to pay to spread the word to places all over the globe, so no need for you to pay any postage.

Great so your words will be soon in Germany !

Hey Bill: The card arrived today. Other than the usual Post Office, bull-in-a-china-shop handling, it arrived ok.

Really nice job, and thanks for the freebie! May I recommend that users here check out Bottle of Smoke Press for their material, including two Bukowski issues (no longer available from them, but they are out there; I own both of them as of this summer), plus a large number of other nice materials.

Bill, got the poem today. Ferlinghetti has balls, speaks the truth when so many are afraid to call a spade a spade. He nails it. Great job by you. Bravo.

Yes you did! Haven't received anything yet. Buk ok, I've ordered some other stuff as well from Bill ;)

Good stuff. And very nicely done Bill. Many thanks (once again).

This is the limited edition broadside that was published by Sore Dove Press and printed by me. Painting by Soheyl Dahi. Each one different and all signed by Ferlinghetti. Sore Dove sells them for $75 each. I am not selling any right now, and do not have that many copies. The covers come in 5 different colors.
lf1.jpg

This is a signed copy of the postcard that I sent out. There were only a handful of these that were signed.
lf2.jpg

I'll make these free offers from time to time. I always like the idea of giving things away. Bottle of Smoke Press is not here to make money. It is nice that I can clear my costs and make a few dollars, but I do not do it to make money. So far, I have not had a loss on any release, except the free releases. Even so, I am glad to be able to offer little gifts to people that will appreciate them.

Bill

Sweet! If you'd be willing to sell one, I'd rather give you the $75 than someone else.

Your dedication to the art of press and your selfless attitude should bring you some serious karmic kickbacks.

Thanks again Bill.

I received the poem today. It's great! It's a strong poem which speaks a lot of truth. Great printing job too! Thanks a lot, Bill...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my words. I was only the printer.
Was logging in as Black Smoke ...Go figure
Thank you Bill ,the card was in the mail today
really appreciate your gesture
My late husband took me to City Lights in 80's
He would love this site
read the poem over and over again
Can't help say
Beautiful words
FReE SPEeCH in a land where the Cost is unmentionable

thanks

just wanted to add my "thanks" to the group collective. it was very kind of you .. ("kind".. sounds funny on a Bukowski forum) anyway.. thank you. love the poem. love the printing.

Just recieved mine this morning. Lucky really as the postal strike starts tomorrow.
Thanks again for this mate. I will put a copy on my work board

Users who are viewing this thread

Back