Another fun inscription VII - THE CURTAINS ARE WAVING... (1 Viewer)

Copy # 1 of "The Curtains are Waving..." inscribed to Barbara Martin. Not a *great* inscription but he did insert "love," which is a word he rarely used when signing.

curtains.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like

'For Barbara Martin -
winners don't need
excuses. You're a winner.
Love
Charles Bukowski'

Is that right? Thanks nymark, always nice to see these.

That's what it looked like to me as well.
nymark? is your last name Martin or are you her favorite nephew? You have the best stuff, not counting james' shirt.

I got a lot of this "Martin" stuff from another collector many, many years ago at prices that seemed exorbitant at the time. Some of it was let go by John inadvertently and is now on my shelves. He doesn't mind. He's very Zen about all this stuff and is glad to see it together in collections"”either the Huntington or Santa Barbara or mine or elsewhere. Remember, I'm not the only one with a deep collection out here. I'm just willing to share. There are others who prefer to remain anonymous

[...] glad to see it together in collections"”either the Huntington or Santa Barbara or mine [...] I'm just willing to share.

That's what I say:
It's important that these things don't get LOST in private collections. (see how I didn't say 'lost' but LOST)

If we want to see the whole 'true' image of Buk and his life someday, we need to gather sources.

That's what's so great about this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back