Another fun inscription VIII - BARFLY (1 Viewer)

This is another inscription to his attorney, Arthur Applebaum.

barfly.jpg

Charles Bukowski - Inscriptions

maybe we should start a project:
collect AS MANY inscriptions as possible - in HQ - and making a book out of it!

This would be a funny and interesting read for all fans as well as great research-material. And the production cost wouldn't be much since we could do it entirely in b/w.

Anybody in?

I don't want to speak for other collectors but I think that overall I'm the odd duck. I belive that most collectors prefer to be less public about their rare books. But you are welcome to pull anything I've posted to this site or the Collecting Bukowski site.

I'd sure like to read a book like that--I vote YES.

Unfortunately I have no autographs to add...<cue weeping violin>

I don't want to speak for other collectors but I think that overall I'm the odd duck. I belive that most collectors prefer to be less public about their rare books. But you are welcome to pull anything I've posted to this site or the Collecting Bukowski site.

Hi,
I think that you are right. There are a lot of high end Bukowski collectors that are not on this forum and would probably not be too quick to scan these for our use.

Bill

I doesn't need to be a 'catch-all'-book.

But I'm sure, even if only those cats here that contributed already, are willing to do HQ-scans of All they have (even if only as copies), we'd make a book out of it that has the size and feel of a brick.

And we could still try to get the "high-end-collectors" into the boat for it. They could decide themselves if they want credit for it or prefer to remain anonymous. This shoulen't be the prob.

It would be fun, it would show the big variety, it would show all the big similarities, it would look great at the crapper.

It might be a question of copyright: do we have to ask anybody else to publish drawings, when the owner of the book/paper gives permission?

I think it's a great idea, Roni! There must be a bunch of interesting or funny inscriptions here on Buknet we could collect.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be a question of copyright: do we have to ask anybody else to publish drawings, when the owner of the book/paper gives permission?
I don't think there would be any question of copyright. A dedication page - who the hell owns that? Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back