Another 'Lets get to know each other' thread! (1 Viewer)

my name is jenifer. i am 34 years old. i am a student, except it is summer so right now i am on vacation. i am a mother of four children ages 10, 6, and two year old twins. i am a poet and i own and administrate the site which is in my signature. i am currently assembling our first print journal in my spare time. i am a capricorn, which means my most ideal love mate is a scorpio. i recently stopped taking my medication. that's going okay so far. i have a sister and two brothers but no pets. someday i hope to own a black female great dane and name her Kira. i would like to buy her a pretty collar. i'd also like a male siamese cat. maybe i'd name him hank. i'd like to get the dog and cat when they are both still babies. i recently fell in love with the most incredible man i've ever met. yes, he is a scorpio. my favorite colors are blue, black and red. about two days ago i painted my toenails red. i never paint my fingernails. i enjoy reading and playing supersmash bros. brawl and going to the park and sleeping and spending time with my best friend gigi and listening to music and writing and even some other things too. when playing supersmash brawl, i always play with pikachu, but my oldest son always, always stomps my ass. pleased to make your acquaintance.

Hm. I've missed this apparently.

I'm 25, married, with a 6 month old son, and I spend 40 otherwise unproductive hours of my time at my local Barnes and Noble... Typically grumbling about what assholes customers are. At least the ones in OR aren't as bad as the ones in MA, right? Right?

Nah, customers in retail are always assholes...

my name is jenifer. i am 34 years old. i am a student, except it is summer so right now i am on vacation. i am a mother of four children ages 10, 6, and two year old twins. i am a poet and i own and administrate the site which is in my signature. i am currently assembling our first print journal in my spare time. i am a capricorn, which means my most ideal love mate is a scorpio. i recently stopped taking my medication. that's going okay so far. i have a sister and two brothers but no pets. someday i hope to own a black female great dane and name her Kira. i would like to buy her a pretty collar. i'd also like a male siamese cat. maybe i'd name him hank. i'd like to get the dog and cat when they are both still babies. i recently fell in love with the most incredible man i've ever met. yes, he is a scorpio. my favorite colors are blue, black and red. about two days ago i painted my toenails red. i never paint my fingernails. i enjoy reading and playing supersmash bros. brawl and going to the park and sleeping and spending time with my best friend gigi and listening to music and writing and even some other things too. when playing supersmash brawl, i always play with pikachu, but my oldest son always, always stomps my ass. pleased to make your acquaintance.
Everything makes sense, except for the 4 kids. The medication part is scary.

and let the record show you did make a certain statement about Father Luke.
;)

it's good to be a little nonsensical and a little scary sometimes.

and if i must make any statements about Him for the record, let me just say that Father Luke is indeed, an incredible man.

perhaps i've chosen the wrong word, as anyone who knows Father Luke knows he is definitely credible.

what would be the correct word?

i feel like charlotte when she's trying to find the correct word for her web to keep wilbur from being eaten.

i believe she chose 'stupendous'?

i think i may choose 'excellent'. a word which can be applied to many separate traits, all 'excellent'.

for some reason, i also like the sound of 'ace'. but that treads into the trite, i think.

for now, i choose 'excellent'. i don't think there is any way that can be misconstrued.

and you gerard? have you posted about yourself on here? i do not recall seeing it. i know your favorite dog is a schnauzer... but not a lot more than that.

and you gerard? have you posted about yourself on here? i do not recall seeing it. i know your favorite dog is a schnauzer... but not a lot more than that.

Gerard likes to play golf.
Thinking of the M. Phillips poem..

perhaps i've chosen the wrong word, as anyone who knows Father Luke knows he is definitely credible.

what would be the correct word?

i feel like charlotte when she's trying to find the correct word for her web to keep wilbur from being eaten.

i believe she chose 'stupendous'?

i think i may choose 'excellent'. a word which can be applied to many separate traits, all 'excellent'.

for now, i choose 'excellent'. i don't think there is any way that can be misconstrued.

I like the way this is compared to describing a pig, not that he's a pig. That was my favorite childrens book in the day.

I am boring as it gets. As you can tell.

He's a nice man, vodka.
Please play nice.

I have it on good authority that he is
hung like a horse.

I have it on good authority that he is
hung like a horse.

well, that just seems mean...
1473611362_fb358b79dd.jpg

sheeit.

chix have been talking about the legendary length, and girth, of gerard in the ladies' bathroom since i showed up on bukowski.net.

and you don't even want to hear what they say about you in those stalls, Father Luke.

you neither hooch.

bunch o' naughty boys.

Just so you know, the buknet ladies room is riddled with peepholes and microphones (there's even a glory hole if you know where to look) so we know everything that goes on in there.

hooch... that is a great sculpture. Where is it located?

God, this is just too funny.

I'm a scientist, but I dig good literature. I've never worn a pocket protecter, and I field random questions like dirty flies in my soup. I've never been to Mars, but I hope to go home some day. A yellow limousine with hot-tub square seats is waiting for me at the edge of the solar system; the driver is drinking mojitos and fellating herself whilst I get no bars on my cell phone, and the clouds are so grey that black doesn't mean anything anymore. I bought new strings; I've eaten paper; my colon looks like the autobahn; I've a direct pipe to the wastewater treatment plant, and my wife loves the ultimate form of birth control.

I love everything and hate it at the same time. I am no one. I've never existed.

I think that's what is referred to as a "talent." Y'know, you could parlay that into a career on the stage if you had a mind to.

I can see it now: A shoe repairman living in the sewer pondering my digestive system. Gives new meaning to blueberry cobbler.

Seriously folks, I'm here all week...make sure you tip your waitresses.

me worky as artist. lover of coffee & mjp. mother to a 9 yr old border collie. favorite season is autumn, favorite place is los angeles and the high desert, will be 40 in exactly 3 weeks, not off my medication, likes to garden and write on my blog, into stand-up, doc films, indy films, and cheese cake.

Im harry, a nick name vested on me from a woman in my past,
I work in the manufacturing world, I also persue a degree in Business Administration,
no kids, no pets, drink somewhat often, don't smoke anything, love driving, I get trilled when ever a omninuous assigment with overtones of extreme personal danger comes along.
I rarely write something but it's not as good as some of the stuff I read here, so, I hope I learn more.

:) SO! You are a garbage man...and a good one too. I know( from Bliss) you love your dog so whatever you are you are a good guy.

We don't need no stinking bridges. ;)

who am I ?
tempted to say that as i get older, I don't really know who I am,
more and more amazed by all of it,
all exceptions to the rules are now in the forefront,
I have a little store selling antiques and retro stuff,
to support a painting habit,
I teach visual arts at times,
I listen to music all day, always have, different styles.
I love Bukowski, Fante, Céline, Richmond, Vian, and J..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
halfbreed apache (chiricahua apache from mescalero) here. like many of the above posters i knocked around a bit looking for work all over the states, having been a laborer, student, cook, firefighter, mill worker, substitute teacher, camp counselor, barista, other things.....but now working as a printer's devil at a letpress shop -mostly restoring old presses but still with the dream of printing my own stuff like loujon did back in the day with buk's poems. it's great to be in the company of those who really know their shit about bukowski. i am humbled everyday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back