• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Bad experiences with E-bay users. (1 Viewer)

1fsh2fsh

I think that I think too much
Founding member
Man, I just gotta bitch here!! I've had a bid on an item on e-bay for 6 days. the only bid. now this morning I get a notice that my bid has been cancelled because of an error on the reserve of that item by the seller. only a few hours before the auction ends. WTF?? is no one responsible for their actions any more?? seems that when I make a mistake I just have to bite it and be more careful next time. I could understand maybe if this were a high dollar item, but this is a five dollar piece that I had for 99 cents! Bullshit I say! at the same time I have been waiting for payment from some asshole in Texas that deceived me out of a $75 dollar item since march and paypal doesn't seem to give a fuck about that!... man, I'm pissed! I think that I will be using the book seller sites more from now on and e-bay can kiss my poor ass!... well there... I feel just a little better now after releasing some steam... and Mods, if this is in the wrong thread, or you just want to delete it altogether its ok. I just had to let out some frustrations this morning...:mad: :mad: :mad:

There are some a-holes using ebay for sure. You can usually spot them and avoid them. But sometimes we all get caught out.

I recently bought a book from the US only to receive the wrong item. Communication was slow and when I finally gave up I was *just* too late to file a dispute or to leave feedback. It's a shame that ebay will not do anything to help in unusual circumstances. Their only advice was to phone the seller. Patience is a virtue they say. Well, not his time. It is frustrating. A few bad apples.

I'm really sorry, 1fsh2fsh.

Old wound: last year I bought "Hank", signed by Neeli. $20.
The ebay bastard asked $30 shipping!
Cirerita, mjp and Bill gave me advise what to do... That was nice.
The book was sitting in my store for 8 months or longer, finally I was able to sell it for $55. The buyer is really happy with the book.

I've had a bid on an item on e-bay for 6 days. the only bid. now this morning I get a notice that my bid has been cancelled because of an error on the reserve of that item by the seller. only a few hours before the auction ends. WTF??
You aren't allowed to cancel an item less than 12 hours before the end of the auction, but I'm not sure what the rules for canceling a bid are. I would assume you can cancel bids any time, since as the seller you have the right to refuse of block a bidder.

What happened to you is not uncommon though, a seller canceling an auction (or bids) if they do not sense enough interest to get what they want out of the item. It's disappointing, but there will always be another one. ;)

Then there's our good friend, theeffects.
I bought a German Bukowski book from him. Paid immediately.
No book.
2 months and several emails from me later, I get an email saying "don't worry, you'll get it, I just forgot to send it".
Another couple of weeks go by and I receive the book in a cardboard envelope - with no packaging at all.
So the corners are all pushed and damaged.
I let him know - no response.

All that coincided with his disappearance from the forum, now that I think of it.

his packing was awful- i bought a copy of roominghouse madrigals from him, and the corners were smashed. i also heard that he would sandwich broadsides in between smaller books and just stuff them into envelopes so they get all crumpled. nice guy, though. seriously- i always thought he was pretty nice, just not ready to deal with the logistics of selling at the volume that he sold at for a few months.

He told me there was a long delay sending two books I bought from him some time ago because he was "in rehab." Then went on to scold me for having the nerve to be impatient and not taking his multitude of personal problems into account. As if I knew the fucker was in rehab!

Seems he had no trouble posting the auctions from rehab though. Oddly enough.

I could have accepted the "Hey, I'm in rehab," bit. But I can live without making it sound like it's my damn fault.

You know, unless it was my fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back