Buk in Ante no.4 1965 (1 Viewer)

I found this at a book sale. (A Little) Ante no 4 with two poems by Bukowski: A Division and Ivan the Terrible.

Bukowski A Division 1.jpg

Bukowski A Division 2.jpg

Bukowski Ivan The Terrible 1.jpg

Bukowski Ivan The Terrible 2.jpg

Hey Billville, welcome to the forum. Those are a couple of nice poems. Tell us a little about yourself. Go start a thread in the New Blood section.

You know I just finished reading The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over the Hills

Thanks for the warm welcome! I only paid a buck for the book. I'll post a scan of the cover and also, a poem that followed those two by another poet which was dedicated to Bukowski. It's kinda funny. I'll also post a little about myself in the new blood section.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I only paid a buck for the book. I'll post a scan of the cover and also, a poem that followed those two by another poet which was dedicated to Bukowski. It's kinda funny. I'll also post a little about myself in the new blood section.

Wanna double yr money? Two bucks? ha!

I have yet to find anything that cool in a used bookstore. Someday, maybe.

OK. Three dollars!

Bill

Fogel listed it at $35. Well, that's one estimate anyway.

Here's a pic of the cover and the poem that followed Buk's dedicated to him. Anyone ever hear of the guy?

Nice cover. Very nice.

Anyhow, according to H***** S*****, Stanley Kurnik was a friend/penpal of FrancEyE back in the early-mid 60s, and he ran a writer's workshop in LA. Apparently, Buk knew him fairly well.

Sorry, the *****'s are a product of previous, err..., unpleasant encounters between certain things here and there. Not my place to detail.

There is a person that wrote a bio of Buk. He does not like being questioned and some members here have discovered errors in his book, which they tried to clear up. He brushed them off, or arrogantly claimed that it was them that was wrong as I guess he is perfect....

Also, he does not like pictures from his book being posted (even though he did not take the pictures).

It was decided to not give him any free publicity.

Bill

There is a person that wrote a bio of Buk. He does not like being questioned and some members here have discovered errors in his book, which they tried to clear up. He brushed them off, or arrogantly claimed that it was them that was wrong as I guess he is perfect....

Also, he does not like pictures from his book being posted (even though he did not take the pictures).

It was decided to not give him any free publicity.

I'm sure that his picture will pop up in a few minutes as soon as Father like opens up his photoshop program, but in the mean time...
Thanks Bill, I'll be on the look out for it. (Use my powers of deduction) I'm learning alot since I signed up. Should have done it sooner!

Oy. I'll be sure to post the quasi-legal threat letters I get on this one. :rolleyes:

H***** S***** also considers himself to be an intellectual property lawyer, you know. And I'm sure this breaks several (of his) laws.

Kurnik was a priest of sorts and he tried to persuade B. to read his poems at the Unitarian Church where all the "lonely hearts" ;) read their pooomes to each other. As far as I know, B. never read his stuff there, but other poets did over a period of years (1962 to 1968, I think to recall). As B. made no carbons at the time, Franceye probably brought the MSS along for the other poets to read. Some of them were lost and miraculously found in a trash can some 30 years later.

No shit.

No idea. The guy who found the poems in the trash can didn't want to send me xerox copies of the poems (he xeroxed them all before the auction) and told me to contact the new owners of the MSS. I never did that, but will probably do so whenever possible. I asked him to please send me a list of the poem titles only, but he understandably declined to do so ;)

But I suspect many of those poems were collected by Martin. No loose ends, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back