Bukowski and The Great Depression (1 Viewer)

This is where I first found "The Lady In Red" and I thank this site. That propelled an interest into Bukowski's inspiration derived from growing up and coming of age during the Depression. While Steinbeck is the go-to-writer on the subject, I found Bukowski's observations as keen and profound and editors I pitched were intrigued. I managed to cram that insight into this story. http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/waking_up_in_the_1930s_20100903/
If other Bukowski images of the Depression move you, let's hear it.

You won't read anything about "Bukowski and The Great Depression" at that link. It's a muddled hopscotch-through-nothingness blog post that is, I think, about "the bad economy."

But if you dig that kind of thing, by all means, rush over there and read it.

You won't read anything about "Bukowski and The Great Depression" at that link.
Now I caught you lying, liar liar. Indeed, readers will learn of Bukowski's deeply influential Depression experience.
Which begs the question:how many other bold faced lies have you authored in nearly 10,000 posts? And why has the definition of "Forum"-an open exchange of ideas-not been explained to you all this time?

Now I caught you lying, liar liar. Indeed, readers will learn of Bukowski's deeply influential Depression experience.
Sure they will. In that one sentence out of an 1800 word article their eyes will be opened and their heartstrings tugged. God bless you for that.

how many other bold faced lies have you authored in nearly 10,000 posts?
Oh, jesus Howie, it would be hard to estimate. Maybe a thousand or two.

the definition of "Forum"-an open exchange of ideas...
I thought that's what I was doing. Unless you are saying that definition only applies to you and your ideas.

As long as you post around here for the sole purpose of promoting your bad writing, I'll continue to ridicule your bad writing. If you have a problem with that, you can just stay away. Or learn to write a coherent article.

[Howie covers] the entertainment beat in Los Angeles [...] Nicole Richie's arrest [...] Pam Anderson's miscarriage and divorce [...] Owen Wilson's suicide bid [...] a secret sex room in a Hollywood nightclub [...] O.J. Simpson's Las Vegas criminal trial...

Nice work, Captain America. Real important shit.

I see that you are a comedian. Say something funny.

Last edited:
Who would Bukowski Pee on?

A deliberate untruth to steer readers from ideas is not ridiculing but LYING and you are a LIAR. Lying is wrong and dull and shame, shame on you. Bukowski despised liars; he would doubtlessly pee on you, and your nearly 10,000 posts.

it's true, Bukowski loved peeing on people. I heard once he peed on Owen Wilson. true story. it was outside the Viper Room. Johnny Depp was there, and Kate Moss. Buk was mad at Johnny because Johnny was telling everyone he was 5 foot 10, but Buk knew that Johnny was only a little bit over 5 foot 8, but wore boots with heels. Buk screamed Johnny! why you gotta fool the people! Johnny? but Johnny just shrugged and said he always thought Hunter Thompson was the better writer and Buk was enraged even further by this untruth and jumped on Johnny and Kate stepped in and pulled Buk off and held her high heel to Buk's throat and said Walk on, tough guy. who knew Kate was that strong and talked that way? jesus. anyway, Mickey Rourke came by on his Harley and Kate and Johnny jumped on and the three of them sped off into the neon.

Buk, of course, had to extract revenge and decided to pee for justice. unfortunately, a depressed Owen Wilson was spread prone in the gutter, deeply saddened that Wes Anderson hadn't called him in like, ages. Buk unzipped and unsheathed his wiener of justice and showered Wilson with the yellow fountain of truth. Wilson at first was taken aback, but saw the triumphant glow of Bukowski and realized that truth was the way. and to be true to himself, Wilson decided that he should be the bigger man and he called Anderson and found out the lack of phone contact was due to Anderson's cell contract running out and he never had time to get in touch with Verizon to straighten things out and Wilson and Anderson laughed, my how they laughed, and became fast friends again. and that's how The Darjeeling Limited got made. you can thank truth and the Bukowski Pee of Justice.

Which begs the question:how many other bold faced lies have you authored in nearly 10,000 posts? And why has the definition of "Forum"-an open exchange of ideas-not been explained to you all this time?

LegmanLA - lord knows I've had my differences with mjp here and I've been to the point of giving up this forum over them but mjp being accused of "lying" is pure bullshit. You won't read anything about "Bukowski and The Great Depression" at that link, is lying? The truth is a hard pillow to rest your head on. Best yet, hooch says it better...

He's seeking attention by stiring up bullshit. Look into his eyes, they're desperate and depressed.

Hooch, that was an excellent short story.

See

Even lied about my intent. I don't need clicks from this small demo, I wrote to thank this forum. But as an offshoot got her to craft post 10,000 ( I suspect these bloodless, fey, disordered posts could only come from a bitter menopausal woman, childless, who long ago hit the wall) Now let me tell you what to do; get them to your agent and continue your meteoric rise to Internet stardom and onward to the book deal, the TV show. Enough, hang it up, go perpetrate your lies on the Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Proust forums. I'm here now, see?

wow, legmanla is back! i, for one, welcome him and i think the more magnanimous among you will join me in wishing him luck in his ongoing quest to find the MOST STRAINED POSSIBLE LINK between topics discussed on this forum and his gripping blog.

I don't know about Bukowski and the Great Depression but LegmanLA is depressing me. Why would you let the 10,000 plus posts bother you? You should read seven or eight thousand of them and it will all make perfect sense.

You cou add a forum to your blog too, you know.

But he called me "her." Did you overlook that awe-inspiring dig? Come on. The guy is a master of the put-down.

And he doesn't need your stinking clicks! Not with all the big money he's making off the rest of those clicks. And don't forget the big paydays from the open mic nights on Melrose. Motherfucker is in charge! You think you can stop him? Bah. Look at his picture. You can practically smell the cologne through your monitor. That's one tough cookie there. Don't let the pale purple blouse and waxed monobrow fool you. He's 100% street. He'll kick the shit out of the likes of you.

I, for one, plan to steer clear of him in real life (you know, if I run across him waiting outside a restaurant for a picture of Paris Hilton or Owen Wilson). I don't want any trouble. I shouldn't even be typing this. I really don't want to read any more of his finely crafted, withering insults. I don't think I could take it.

you better be careful, "lady" - as his bio states "he's become familiarized with the back alleys of Hollywood Boulevard"...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that's supposed to suggest that Howie is getting a lot of "scoops" and "exclusives" in "the back alleys of Hollywood Boulevard." You know, where all the celebrities hang out, giving blow jobs for crack.

Oh, those aren't celebrities?

Well, Howie's still familiarizing himself with the landscape. Give him a break. Besides, he doesn't need to stoop so low for his crack. He gets a check from mom every month to supplement the mad cash he pockets at his telemarketing gig in the valley. That's the way a real gangsta rolls, yo!

The Pale Purple Blouse Posse is feared and respected in Los Angeles. Make no mistake. They will mess your shit up. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back