Bukowski in other films (2 Viewers)

hank solo

Just practicin' steps and keepin' outta the fights
Reaper Crew
Founding member
Anyone know from where the Best Hotel on Skid Row (1990) could be obtained? I've seen a few copies for sale on fleaBay, but they're always described as poor quality.

Also, has anyone seen Supervan? Can you confirm he's really in this movie? Or is it just another urban myth?

all the ones I've seen have been on ebay as well. Im thinking about breaking down and taking a chance. i found a vhs copy that could be pretty good quality.

Be careful, I bought a copy of Best hotel on ebay and it wasn't playable. The tracking was all over the place. I asked the seller before bidding and he said it was fine. A lot of these bootleggers are the same few people selling under different names, so...

if anybody finds one or a couple while on ebay...post links here. I've been trying to obtain my own copy of Best Hotel... for quite some time now.

Anyone know from where the Best Hotel on Skid Row (1990) could be obtained? I've seen a few copies for sale on fleaBay, but they're always described as poor quality.

Also, has anyone seen Supervan? Can you confirm he's really in this movie? Or is it just another urban myth?

SUPERVAN pops up on eBay once in awhile (vhs, not released on dvd (unless it's a BURN)). It's a DREADFUL movie, really, really BAD. Horrible acting, script. The BUK scene is very short, there's a handheld sequence where he is drinking with a bunch of 70's chicks at a party, etc.. He has no 'actual' dialogue, it's very much a case of the director liking BUK so he put in a scene just to get him in the FLICK. If you really want a copy I'll find the link for someone I know that sells it on DVD (later).

BEST HOTEL is a very good documentary, it's a real SHAME about the quality of the existing VHS dubs. My first copy was SO bad I sent it back for another copy (tracking, unwatchable), the second copy was SLIGHTLY better, it's a well-made documentary and Bukowski's VOICE-OVER really adds to the overall production. The film is from 1990 (not that old), you would think there has to be a better copy available... Plus it's HBO, so there has to be a MASTER tape lying around somewhere... I've got time I'll email HBO, see if they can tell me/us anything.

I've seen BEST HOTEL on tv. It's a good documentary but when it comes to Buk it's a bit disapointing. He only speaks a little bit in the beginning and at the end. Maybe 5-10 min. all together. Just a little consumer info...

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the 'reward' in seeing BEST HOTEL is that it's a VERY strong documentary, less is more is the case with BUK in his role, how much should BUK provide, he's only the narrator? Buy it or watch it because it's GOOD, go beyond the BUK quota...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back