Bukowski Inspired Newsletter (1 Viewer)

I’ve started a newsletter inspired by my favourite author - Bukowski. It’s relatively light hearted, consisting of interesting facts infused with my opinion on topics.

Check it out, or don’t. Regardless, take it easy.

Modus Operandi -

?..

I'm sceptikel,...even though I don't know how to spell it.

Nö,...maybe 'curious', is a better word.

Who are you?

What are your motivations?
(Money,..A soapbox,..Intercourse,..'a following'..?)

I hope you're not thin-skinned,..and offended by my queery.

Why don't you simply use your 'real name',..and contact info?
Your 'newsletter' is also pretty vizard...
Hiding something?
Burying a past?
Anchored, Burdened,...embarrassed?

What are your qualifications?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . ö. ä. . . . .

?...

I paused, for a moment,..actually,..a few minutes,..
and read your first issue.
'Syndrome K'.

It was öK. ?

You can forget my previous questions,....if you like. (?)
I signed up,..am positively curious,..
and honestly wish you success.
✌️
gallagher

Gallagher, curious would be the better choice.

I am someone, a no one, it's irrelevant to me. There is no need for my writings to be related to my identity. I write because I feel like it, whatever comes from it past my own joy is a bonus.

Not thin skinned in the slightest, if anything I appreciate your curiosity and welcome it with open arms.
As for the subscription, thank you very much, glad to have you around.

Best,
M.

agreed.

but who will step up and and light the torch and take the baton and lead the next generation of "TRUE BUKSTERS" on the road to restoring this hallowed forum to it's former glory?

We don't need leaders, we need contributors and people interested in (and capable of) saying something new about Charles Bukowski and his opus.
That's not easy after the same thing has been done at this place since 2006.

As a start, I'd suggest interviews among the living, like:

Linda King
Blazek
Neeli
Barbet

These folks won't be around forever, so document it now.

As an aside, I've been a member here for over a decade, and I don't know the real names of the other members. I'm just a drunk Mick that showed up one day. I wish I did know the names of the people behind the aliases, but then again maybe not.

Thanks for putting up with me..

I’m thinking of setting some of his poems to music, and making a short-film from Turkey Neck Morning. And since I’m neither a musician or filmmaker, they’ll be extra raw and edgy
That sounds great. I liked the voice doing the pearls of wisdom videos on youtube featuring Buck. Harry dean Stanton was great too.

I’ve started a newsletter inspired by my favourite author - Bukowski.
To which Sir Douglas replied: “That may be, madam, but these fuckers were in Messerschmitts.” Badass Bader. That was a great story.

536 AD We had three months of smoke fog in Byron Bay during the latest Australian bushfires. The beaches consisted of grey, dark

green, muddy looking waves. People stopped swimming. Living in a tent at the time wasnt great but it was atmospheric as hell.

I cant imagine what 18 months of hell on earth was like.

Great articles. I really like the writing.

As a start, I'd suggest interviews among the living, like:

Linda King
Blazek
Neeli
Barbet

These folks won't be around forever, so document it now.
ive been trying to get a hold of some of these people for some time now to interview. does anyone here have any good contact info for any of them? i sent emails to the emails that i think are theirs and even through some of the publishers. i have a podcast called the I Hate Matt Wall Poetry Podcast and a small press that does mainly chapbooks called Poetic Anarchy Press. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back