Bukowski portrait postcards by Barker still available (1 Viewer)

Rekrab

Usually wrong.
Last fall, Bottle of Smoke Press published a set of 10 full color postcards of watercolor paintings of Charles Bukowski that I did as inserts in copies of my chapbook "Charles Bukowski Spit In My Face." There was a very small number of sets issued in a handmade clamshell box, and that sold out quickly. The regular edition, limited to 1,000 sets in a printed blue envelop, is still available. The cards are professionally printed and are contained in a letterpress printed envelop with a drawing of Bukowski on it. Here are some photos to whet your appetite:

100_7637.jpg

100_7636.jpg

100_7632.jpg

You can buy the regular set directly from me for $10, plus shipping cost of $1 in the U.S., $2 to Canada, or $4.00 to Europe. I'd be happy to sign the envelop and/or cards - just ask.

To order, please send me a PM and I'll give you my Paypal address, or my mail address if you want to pay by check or money order.

You can also order these from the publisher, Bottle of Smoke Press. Thanks.

It's a great set. If you don't have it yet you should get it.

In fact, buy a few sets. Send me a card. I've been waiting patiently to hear from all of you, but every day the mailbox is empty and I die a little bit.

It's a great set. If you don't have it yet you should get it.

In fact, buy a few sets. Send me a card. I've been waiting patiently to hear from all of you, but every day the mailbox is empty and I die a little bit.

And I didn't think you were a people-person at all... I'm coming over every day now.

But, Rekrab (and BOS) - BEAUTIFUL sets. I'm broke because of buying cigarettes in NY, but I think I prompted my daddy to buy a set for me. (I'm evidently a little girl who has fooled you all.)

Thanks, mjp, Lolita G., LickTheStar -- and of course thank you, Bill, for doing such a beautiful job of publishing these postcards.

I want to find one someday in a thirftstore with a cancelled postage stamp and a message on it.

I'll buy a second set and send 'em to a bunch of places in Salem in a decade or so... Then you'll know you've arrived.

That would be cool. It would be like finding one of my chapbooks in a thriftstore. A friend of mine found one of mine, years ago, but I never have. The closest I've come is seeing my stuff in Powell's Books.

Apostrophe Books in Long Beach, California, has a display up featuring my Bukowski watercolor postcards, along with books by Buk, John Fante and the Beats. As far as I know, this is my first ever bookstore display, and I'm stoked. And, in you're in So. Cal, you can buy a set of the cards there. Some photos:

ApostropheDisplayDSCN2446.jpg

ApostropheDisplayDSCN2461.jpg

ApostropheDisplayDSCN2462.jpg

I'm trying to figure how best to display the set I have. The black really brings out the blaze in the colors and the pic just might have lent me an idea. Thanks for sharing, Rekrab. Enjoy the well-deserved stoke but save some for the Superior Ace.

Stav: How could I not share? I'm proud to be displayed in a bookshop. Yes, the black really makes those colors pop out. For the same shop I have just reprinted my memoir, Charles Bukowski Spit In My Face. New fourth edition. I didn't like the layout and some of the contents of the 3rd edition, so I have cut out a few bits (not text - junk images at the end) and reorganized, and it's cleaner now. What I really want to do is revise the text, but that's a bigger project than I want at this time. Maybe I'll do that for the fifth edition. The fourth edition has a yellow cover. 50 copies, all regular, no deluxe version. I'll offer them here soon. And I'll get back to finishing rubber type letterpress printed GHOST poems this coming week.

That's a nice looking display of the postcards! That ought to sell a few sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news for Barker. Really cool display, David, congrats on the featured work (and congrats to Bill and BoSP on having a nice feature too!).

Yes, it was very unexpected to have this happen. And that it's in Long Beach, from whence I came, is very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back