Bukowski tattoos (5 Viewers)

In German it's Arschgeweih, meaning, errm, "ass-antler".
That's definitely one of the greatest things I've ever heard. This needs to be integrated into everyday use here.

Correct, although I wasn't doubting your recognition of it, more directed at the weirdness before that. Anyway, Marina's one of those poems that, when I think of it, I only think of little random descriptions from them-like sun on the carpet, or the hours of love still make shadows, or the one tattooed on me.

Here's mine it says There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out, but i'm to tough
Snapshot_20111124_2.JPG

I wonder how often people have typos on their tattoos? Good to see that this one is spelled right. Anyone seen any really fucked up tattoo typos? Tattypos (Unless anyone has coined this term, I want credit for it).

Bill

I wonder how often people have typos on their tattoos?
I know a girl with the phrase "after me, the floods" (dopo di me le inondizani) tattooed on her forearm in Italian...the only problem is that it's a quote from Louis XV, and is only a phrase in French but she liked Italian better (though she is neither Italian/speaks Italian). Not exactly a typo, just a historically inaccurate and random change to a quote. It always bothers me.

hey guys, i'm new to the forum but i'm a huge Buk fan.. I've had this for almost a year, and it's my favorite tattoo yet. It's from the end of his poem "finished?" It's a powerful poem and it motivates me to work through all of the bullshit in my life. He is by far my favorite poet, he writes with such heart and conviction. It's hard to not give in to his honesty. He has a dark yet enlightening perception of the world we live in and the people that inhabit it.

Tatt2.jpg

that's real fancy writing there.

I wonder how often people have typos on their tattoos? Good to see that this one is spelled right. Anyone seen any really fucked up tattoo typos? Tattypos (Unless anyone has coined this term, I want credit for it).

I hereby give credit to Billy Ray for the word, "Tattypos." Here on this day, January 14th, in the year of our Lord, the Baby Jesus, 2012. It is done.

My display pic is an actual tattoo, just that it's clean and straight in reality. Photo of it is crap, I know, it's not easy taking a photo of your own calf.

Meaning someone else drew it in that style?
No, sorry. It's an inside joke: The original drawing IS by Bukowski, but some time ago, we had the case of someone faking this. Or maybe I'm wrong and it was just a similar Buk-woman. You know, the one from 'Women's lib'.

I guess someone like hanksolo can link to the thread. He finds everything.

But anyway, questioning the authenticity of drawings or signatures has a long tradition here - and usually the first impression of a fraud turns out to be right. There are a couple of real experts here. And this time I didn't mean it ironic.

That tattoo really gets me wondering even more about the authenticity of the quote. The signature looks good enough, implying that she (or the tattooer) most likely have seen Bukowski's real signature somewhere, possibly under the real quote. Furthermore, the lines are divided in a manner reminiscent to Buk's, which perhaps could mean that it actually is from one of his poems, even though nothing comes up when searching the database. I have know idea where this amateurish detective work is going, but I thought I'd share it with you anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back