Bukowski tattoos (4 Viewers)

i've long thought that the HWM logo is one of the coolest band logos i've ever seen. i think it's fine without the "music" written down, since it's pretty recognizable as meaning "hot water music" just with the fire and water symbols. HWM's first three albums were fantastic, but i'm not crazy about anything after that, or about the bands that they split into.

Bukowski quotes

I'm looking for an image if one exists.

the quote "some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must lead."

is there an image of a manuscript or anything of this in his handwriting?
i need it for a tatttoo.

Try photoshop:

some.jpg

Thanks roni. Don't think I'll get it tattooed on myself though :D

You don't need it in handwriting. Just get it in straight letters and when you get old and your skin stretches out it will look like a hand written note. Just like the hoola girl on grandpa's arm got old right with him.
my memories blur like the ink on my arms

Just like the hoola girl on grandpa's arm got old right with him.

I really like that, G K H Love.

And your new signature is a good choice too.

(And before anyone asks its the last stanza from To Lean Back into It ;))

Looks like the original owners of the domain name let it lapse a long time ago and someone else picked it up in 2003.

Domain Name: POETS-ANONYMOUS.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Creation Date: 16-apr-2003

The original site was up in 1999, 2000, around that time. Nothing at archive.org though, I'm afraid.

I do have small images from the old site of the other Bukowski billboards somewhere, but it may be a while before I can find them. I took the picture on the Miscellany page here. That billboard was up on Ventura blvd. in the valley for a year (!).

"some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must lead."

is there an image [...] of this in his handwriting?

Try photoshop:

In case you were wondering, most of the words are created with letters from 'Dear Mr. Bukowski', with a few extras from a couple of handwritten notes. None of it was drawn freehand, so it really is 'in his handwriting'... sorta :cool:

I thought as much, clever bastard. Might be cool to isolate the alphabet that way and get a computer font made of his handwriting...

Speaking of a Buk handwriting font, my second obsession is Morrissey/The Smiths. I have a downloaded font that someone's made from Moz's handwriting.

And my next tattoo is the Black Sparrow.

Anyone Have Bukowski Painted on His/Her BdrmWall?

the Buk tattoos were beautifulwonderful... does anyone have Bukowski painted on his/her bedroom wall?... joanJOBEsmith

the Buk tattoos were beautifulwonderful... does anyone have Bukowski painted on his/her bedroom wall?... joanJOBEsmith

Hi Joan,

Do you mean as in a mural :eek: or perhaps just a framed portrait?

a mural on the wall... i know a young artist who painted a mural on his bdrm wall + one on the living rm wall.. his name is Daniel Goude and i published a photo of the bdrm one in my Bukowski Review #3 ... the living rm mural Daniel painted of Buk, bicep'd and wild one-ing a Harley wd've been on Buk Rev #4 but i had to fold.. Daniel painted Buk bad-a$$ with long, windblown hair...

I wanted to get "The History of one tough motherfucker" from the top of my back going across diagonally and curving round to my side.

Not the words, the whole poem minus the title.
That poem is the first thing that has made me weep, good tears, for myself, pretty much ever.
I relate to that cat, I had it bad, not that bad, but bad enough :)

Anyway i took it in in about 20-24pt text and the said they could do it but that over the years with seeping it would become a black smudge.

This is where you good people come in.
Im handing it round to friends (and you) to edit.
It needs to be about one third the words.
it needs to keep the essence of the poem.
If someone can do it i'll get it:)
the other ones I was thinking of were the bluebird and the genius of the crowd, but I really feel closer to "The History"

I like the idea of just getting a whole poem done.

Thanks people.

P.S anyone wanna meet up in LA over next few weeks and visit the gravesite?

-Dylan.

Dude, if you're going to get words tattoo-ed into your body, shouldn't they be your own words? And if you do not yet have any of your own words, shouldn't you wait until you do? And if you MUST do this now, then for the love of god! find something shorter!! CRB:)

I wanted to get "The History of one tough motherfucker" from the top of my back going across diagonally and curving round to my side.

hmmm.

Not the words, the whole poem minus the title.
That poem is the first thing that has made me weep, good tears, for myself, pretty much ever.
I relate to that cat, I had it bad, not that bad, but bad enough :)

Anyway i took it in in about 20-24pt text and the said they could do it but that over the years with seeping it would become a black smudge.

Good advice. Better to hang it in your living room.

This is where you good people come in.
Im handing it round to friends (and you) to edit.
It needs to be about one third the words.
it needs to keep the essence of the poem.
If someone can do it i'll get it:)
the other ones I was thinking of were the bluebird and the genius of the crowd, but I really feel closer to "The History"

I like the idea of just getting a whole poem done.

Thanks people.

2963000595_0c91a0ccfa.jpg

Or has that been simplified too much?

P.S anyone wanna meet up in LA over next few weeks and visit the gravesite?

-Dylan.

There are some excellent directions
poasted in here somewhere. . .

All the best,
Father Luke

If i get my own words i will get f#cking sick of them. Plus im pretty sure Bukowski is a better poet than I.

Why not just get a whole poem instead of some symbol/ part of a whole?

you never have to explain the tat. "just read this poem"

Its only flesh which will rot/ be incinerated.

I dont have a living or any room.

I remember those directions, i will find em.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back