Bukowski tattoos (1 Viewer)

This particular version has no bats. Here's the original:

01savagej-clr.jpg

That is cool. I'm not sure that I would do that, but it looks cool.

I kinda think that tattoos should evolve. Getting full sleeves in a couple days seems a bad idea.

Bill

hello! I found this forum while looking at referrer stats for my flickr account.

Hope everyone likes my bukowski tattoo (I do!). I'd also like to just clarify that the reason I got this sleeve done in three days (which I don't recommend, it hurts) is because the tattoo artist was visiting my home town for 4 days only. The concept had been planned out well in advance though.

Yet to come is a great portrait of John Fante on my inner bicep facing Bukowski. I'm sure they would be happy that way :)

Anyway, now that I'm a member I'll keep people posted on the progress (next month hopefully) if anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Robbie

This was done to my brother in a weekend by two artists. Only a couple of spots on his back were filled in later.
picture.php

Bukowski never had such big cheeks.

that Buk tattoo is rad. I have two Bukowski tattoos and plan on getting more. Call me cliche' or whatever, but I really don't care. I love Bukowski that much.

Welcome Robbie, nice tattoo.
So Gerard your brother's tattoo is impressive. I have a wee little tattoo on the back of my neck, it's a female lion under a tree, my hair being the tree. The lion because I'm a Leo, like Hank.
But I have to say to both of you, well actually Gerard to your Brother, man I don't think I could handle the pain. The wee little one was painful enough, but a whole arm or back.
Ouch!

No Buk tattoo, but I have a tribute to Fante on my arm.

Not a hugely impressive tattoo, but his writings mean so much to me - and I like tattoo's and the idea and look of them, so I thought why the hell not. It also acts as a little visual reminder when I'm feeling shitty. I see it, and I think back to his books, characters and how I feel when I read them. And it then reminds me life will always be worth living with great art.

That might sound a bit corny, but I do feel good having it under my skin forever. No excuses to forget about the man when I'm older! haha.

2877_76267617571_621777571_1807665_.gif

Man I really need some sun!

Oh a rose ! How sweet !
luv.gif

I'm myself planning to have a tattoo representing roses. I don't know when but I really want to do it. I'm thinking to something inspired by The Birthday Party (*)'s Mutiny jacket.

(*) Nick Cave's first group (originally called The Boys Next Door)

1983+-+Mutinity+(&+The+Bad+Seed+EP).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
.........snip...
So Gerard your brother's tattoo is impressive. ...snip.... Gerard to your Brother, man I don't think I could handle the pain. The wee little one was painful enough, but a whole arm or back.
Ouch!

Don't leave out his inked up arm pits and his legs including the backs of his knees. I will never understand how people get addicted to that unless they love the relief of when it's over. My brother can endure the pain due to his place as one of the younger of eight kids and his first marriage.;)

i just got this three days ago. the gold fish is from bukowski's poem "goldfish". i plan on getting the poem, or at least parts of it later on.

tattoo2.jpg

goldfish

my goldfish stares with watery eyes
into the hemisphere of my sorrow;
upon the thinnest threads
we hang together,
hang hang hang
in the hangman's noose;
I stare into his place and
he into mine...
he must have thoughts,
can you deny this?
he has eyes and hunger
and his love too
died in January;but he is
gold, really gold, and I am grey
and it is indecent to search him out,
indecent like the burning of peaches
or the rape of children,
and I turn and look elsewhere,
but I know that he is there behind me,
one gold goblet of blood,
one thing alone
hung between the reddest cloud
of purgatory
and apt. no. 303
god, can it be
that we are the same?

Ouch. One of my daughters has a long quote from a Doors song on her arm. Very nicely done but it covers a large area. Hope she always loves that quote.

The only tatoos I would even consider are either Popeye, small, or one of those classic anchors with "Mother" under it. But I would have to be drunk or temporarily insane to get a tatoo.

This was done to my brother in a weekend by two artists. Only a couple of spots on his back were filled in later.
That is some impressive work. Really beautiful and well worth the pain; just as much beauty is.

Ouch. One of my daughters has a long quote from a Doors song on her arm. Very nicely done but it covers a large area. Hope she always loves that quote.
Which song quote? Just REALLY curious:)

The only tattoo I would even consider is the word "TRY" written on my penis - and when I have a hard-on it should read "BON'T TRY".
HAHA!

I want to get WENDY on mine that would say (when hard)
Welcome to Jamaica Man Have a Nice DaY

HAHAHEEHA!:D

I have three tattoos. 2 have been covered up, so I've been tattoo'ed 5 times. My oldman has allot of tatts and the desire has spread to our kids. 3 kids, 1 tat a piece. Tattoo's really are potato chips. Once you get started it's pretty hard to stop. :)CRB

She would probably be angry if she knew I mentioned this on-line. I don't remember which Doors song it's from, but she edited it down to get it to fit nicely on her forearm. It's very well done, the lettering is uniform and elegant. It looks printed. The tattooist was quite the artist. I'll try to find out what the quote is, on the sly.

Speaking about jokes about tattoos or writing on male members...Truman Capote tells the story of being in a restaurant and a fan coming up to him and asking: "Mr. Capote, will you please write your name on my member." And Capote replied: "No, but I'll initial it for you...."

I'm getting my first tattoo soon, and I think I want the quote "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us". The quote sort of fits me, and I think I'd want something with it. What do you guys think...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back