Bukowski tattoos (2 Viewers)

got my first tattoo today

nirvtattoo.jpg

love this poem !

Man, I've been thinking of getting a Bukowski tattoo for a while now. Or maybe a Hunter S. Thompson one...or maybe both. Bukowski on the left upper bicep, and Hunter (The Ralph Steadman drawing of him holding the suitcase fulla drugs from Fear and loathing) on the inside of my right forearm.

I like tatoos! I have quite a few myself. I don't believe in hideing them because your afraid that other people dont want to see them. If you excell in your craft, people will accept who and what you are! And if they dont...ELIMINATION of them is absolutly necessary! So.... cheers to the Buk tatoo!!!!! Here Here!!!!

Nice one, Adam. Looks like your arm was placed on a large platen (reminiscent of an old typewriter) and typed on cleanly. I like a tattoo that has some air and space in it - rather than too much clutter and detail - and this one does - by a good tattooist with a masterful hand. In art generally, sometimes the simpler the design...the harder it is to make it work...and you've lucked into one that works.

...by a good tattooist with a masterful hand.
To suggest that this lettering was done by a master tattooist is like saying someone is a master chef because they can cook a box of macaroni and cheese without burning it.

Anyone in their first month of tattooing could have done that. Like filling in an entire coloring book page with only a black crayon. Maybe they clap and fawn over that kind of thing at the special school, but in reality it is not any kind of achievement.

I invite you over to my house to hang around with me for a few weeks and wax poetic over every load of laundry I fold or pot of coffee I make.

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Looks like it was done by an experienced master craftsman. There's something that gives it a certain soft glow on the skin and allows the myriad details of Bukowski and the background to hang nicely together beyond the ordinary. I continue to be amazed at what a great artist of any medium can do when there's enough love and intensity enlivening their work and breathing a true life-force into it. A true Bukowski aficionado and Bukowski himself deserve no less, and it looks like a happy marriage here.

Fuck yeah!

Then we could sit around the fireplace playing guitars:

me and poptop down by the schoolyard...

poptop singing in the dead of night...

this pop is your top, this pop is my top...

It would be the highlight of his life, I can guarantee that.

I have two and will be getting another session done on the third this saturday. I will post some pictures when I get home from work. Go to http://www.jaylincoln.com/bukowski.html and check out his portrait of him. I am in the middle of getting that in very large scale on my shin with "We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us" on my calf with all kinds of craziness around it.

I have a bluebird tattooed on the inside of my right wrist, and I'm getting "my wrists are rivers, my fingers are words" done on my left shoulder once I can find an artist who can skillfully tattoo a typewriter-esque font. Any suggestions for an artist in Dallas?

It looks like a watercolour painting and that is rare. I mean, I haven't seen a tattoo like yours before. Very special. I wonder how the brushes went under your skin?

hey guys,
lots of awesome tattoos in this thread.

TMeisky, that's a really great tattoo, came out great.

I am getting this put on my shoulder Saturday, my first tattoo.
It's a logo inspired by Genius of the Crowd, GOTC, and my favorite line from the poem.

buktat.jpg

Is it supposed to look like a flaccid phallus or is that just me?

hah yeah, it's a bit abstract. I guess it was more about something that makes sense to me and not others, most won't know what the hell it's about, but that is fine with me.
The O is not totally there, it's kinda symbolized in spirit at the top with the curls.
The text will pretty obvious though.

ah well I went ahead and got it anyways even though you guys have cock in balls in your minds. the guy who did it has a done a few bukowski tattoo's and is a fan also which was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back