Buk's 1947 residence (1 Viewer)

PhillyDave

“The essential doesn't change.” Beckett
philly-0.jpg

philly-1.jpg

Here's his residence in Fairmount in Philly in 1947, 2020 Mt Vernon. Yes, i'm a dork. My comedian son took the pic and said it came out fine.

Here's his residence in Fairmount in Philly in 1947, 2020 Mt Vernon.
Let's meet for a drink , we are coming to Philadelphia 11/ 5 for a week.

We are going to the art museum and then want to go to the bar that Buk practically lived at for years . Both in the Fairmont area. A while ago I asked if anyone new the name of that bar. If I recall correctly you said you go by it a lot but there is no name or it was closing down.

I thought it was & a few years ago it had a for sale sign but seems to have never sold. Who knows. One of the greatest wknds in the history of Philly. I'll prob b busy. PM me anyway. Google maps has an accurate pic on the corner of 17th & Fairmount. Fairmount was a shitty neighborhood up until about the 90's. V shitty when he was there. David Lynch went to art school in Philly and lived in Fairmount as well. Late 60's/early 70's? The shittiness & creepiness of it all, supposedly, really informed his thinking & fascinated him to no end. Stuff always got broken into, murder in his neighborhood. Just dark & ugly. Those days in that neighborhood are looonnnggg gone.

We just walked by 2020 mt Vernon street. What a pretty neighborhood, wow! The house is vacant on the first floor so I looked it up online to see if they are renting. It appears that the house was sold for $450,000 on 8/29/17. It looks move in ready to me. The bar is called” The17th St Spot” is closed right now. We might hit it up later. The construction going on downtown is crazy! But the food is absolutely to die for! And everyone seems pretty nice for the most part and has interesting personalities.

Untitled-1.jpg

I'd love to join ya but I'm a v busy man. Kids, homework, the wife works tonight, whatnot. Yeah, it's now a great neighborhood. I lived down there in the late 90's.
The construction going on downtown is crazy! But the food is absolutely to die for! And everyone seems pretty nice for the most part and has interesting personalities.
Check out the bookstore on Fairmount, BOOKHAVEN at 2202 Fairmount Ave, just a few blks away. Buk lived on 17th too. AWESOME.

Sylvester Stallone. He's been spotted around town recently because he's currently shooting Creed II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back