Bunch of David Barker chapbooks for sale (1 Viewer)

Rekrab

Usually wrong.
I went through all my chapbooks that are bound and ready to sell, as well some chapbooks by other poets that I published as the editor of Rumba Train Press. The list of books now available is below. Note that some of these have contents related to Charles Bukowski.

I also have copies of other books by me and two Rumba Train Press books by Gerald Locklin that still need to be bound; I'll offer those later.

To order, send me a PM and I'll give you payment details.

Add $1 per order for shipping in the U.S. or Canada, $4 per order for Europe. Many of these books were printed in small editions and are in very short supply.

Chapbooks by David Barker:

Scenes From A Marriage (Complete issue of The Wormwood Review No. 75, 1979) Poems. Limited to 700 numbered copies. New, with slight rusting to staples on most copies. $10.00

Cold Duck (Special Center Section in The Wormwood Review No. 84, 1981) Poems. Also Charles Bukowski, Gerald Locklin and others. Limited to 700 numbered copies. New, with slight rusting to staples on most copies. $10.00

No One Calls Me Any More (Special Center Section in The Wormwood Review No. 94, 1984) Poems. Also Charles Bukowski, Judson Crews, Gerald Locklin and others. Limited to 700 numbered copies. New, with slight rusting to staples on most copies. $10.00

Poems (Begun 1969, completed 1996) Hand-printed early poems and linoleum block prints. $8.00.

12 Poets and Their Cars (2000 reprint ed.) Photographs. $5.00

Rumba: The Man Should Lead - And The Woman Should Follow (1975) Photo collage with found text. One sheet, folded. $5.00

Everything Is Ok (poems by John Kay, drawings by David) (1979) $5.00

Two Weeks Off (Poems by Kirk Robertson, drawings by David) (1984) $5.00

Buk At Big L.A. Poetry Blowout (1987) Dream narratives about Charles Bukowski. $5.00

Morning At Frottage Woods (1996) Small book of early poems. $2.00

Camp Fire Note On The Approaching Doom (1999) Essay. Hand-printed cover. $3.00

On The Cusp of the Rollover, Two Wack Jobs Ponder the Looming Collapse (David & Ron DiGiacomo; reprints Camp Fire Note, along with Ron's response, Cliff Notes From The Brink and David's Postscript To Campfire Note.) (2004) Essays. $5.00

You'll Go Blameless (2009) Poems. Wrappers edition. $5.00

Quartet (second printing, 2003) Small book of poems, letterpress. $3.00

Poetry Broadsides by David Barker:

Remorse: A Poem & A Drawing (1979) $1.00

Two for Bukowski (1986) $1.00

Gilded Thrones (1997) $1.00

Narcissus of Salem (2005) $1.00

Scattered (2006) $1.00

The Stupidity of the Masses (2006) $1.00

Donut Shop (2007) $1.00

Also available:

Riot of the Rats #1 (1994) Steve Richmond Special Issue. Lit mag with Richmond, Ronald Baatz, Ron DiGiacomo, David Barker. $5.00

Leo Mailman's book Granddad's Brain (with additions by David Barker) (1995) Poems and essays, including pieces about Charles Bukowski. $5.00

Rumba Train Press Chapbooks:

Single Life, by Elliot Fried (1975) Scarce. $10.00

Poem City, by Elliot Fried (1977) Rare. $10.00

Oriental Woman with Various Flasks, by Tom Anderson (1978) $5.00

All Too Much Toyota, by Scot Cunningham (1980) $3.00

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Orders are starting to come in. Thanks to all of you. I'll answer the PMs and put up some numbers of copies remaining hopefully later tonight. A half dozen titles are down to 5 or fewer copies, but I have a good supply on most of the books (that being 15 to 25 copies in most cases.)

Okay, it took a two hour archeological dig through my home to locate my file copies of the Rumba Train Press books that aren't by me (I keep them separate from my own titles), so I could be sure I had a copy of each of them before I sold my very last one, and I did have them all.

This is the count of remaining, unsold copies of books listed yesterday that are still available for purchase. I'm only giving numbers when there are very few copies remaining. Anything not listed below is still in good supply. The titles below are almost sold out:

Poems (Begun 1969, completed 1996) Hand-printed early poems and linoleum block prints. $8.00. 1 copy left, with a slightly defective cover print (ink is clogged in the letters of the title).

12 Poets and Their Cars (2000 reprint ed.) Photographs. $5.00 3 copies left.

Rumba: The Man Should Lead - And The Woman Should Follow (1975) Photo collage with found text. One sheet, folded. $5.00 6 copies left.

Everything Is Ok (poems by John Kay, drawings by David) (1979) $5.00 3 copies left.

Camp Fire Note On The Approaching Doom (1999) Essay. Hand-printed cover. $3.00 3 copies left.

Quartet (second printing, 2003) Small book of poems, letterpress. $3.00 3 copies left.

Gilded Thrones (1997) $1.00 4 copies left.

Narcissus of Salem (2005) $1.00 2 copies left.

Single Life, by Elliot Fried (1975) Scarce. $10.00 2 copies left.

Poem City, by Elliot Fried (1977) Scarce. $10.00 2 copies left.

Thanks to all of you who have ordered. I found more old stuff today that I'll list later.

David... great news on these finds... Placed an order for some cheaper stuff... eyeballing those Wormwood related things, but... yeah, anyway, keep us in the know.

They may not be gone. His last note said that if it was not listed, then there are many copies.

Yes, at $10 a copy, it is a steal.

Bill

purple stickpin:

The Wormwoods are NOT sold out. All three are still available.

That short list only mentioned titles that are almost gone. Everything on the original list that is not on the short list is still available. In fact, everything on the original list is still available at this time. I'll make it clearer by relisting everything with the number of copies remaining noted when a title is almost sold out.

My $10 price on the Wormwoods is what Christa Malone usually charges on issues. I don't know if she offers that to the general public or only certain people, so don't count on that price. She may have different prices, depending. It is a great price, as Wormwoods are usually much more expensive.

Here's an updated complete list of available books, with number of copies noted when a title is almost sold out. To order, send me a PM. Add $1 per order for shipping in the U.S. or Canada, $4 per order for Europe.

Scenes From A Marriage (Complete issue of The Wormwood Review No. 75, 1979) Poems. Limited to 700 numbered copies. New, with slight rusting to staples on most copies. $10.00

Cold Duck (Special Center Section in The Wormwood Review No. 84, 1981) Poems. Also Charles Bukowski, Gerald Locklin and others. Limited to 700 numbered copies. New, with slight rusting to staples on most copies. $10.00

No One Calls Me Any More (Special Center Section in The Wormwood Review No. 94, 1984) Poems. Also Charles Bukowski, Judson Crews, Gerald Locklin and others. Limited to 700 numbered copies. New, with slight rusting to staples on most copies. $10.00

Poems (Begun 1969, completed 1996) Hand-printed early poems and linoleum block prints. $8.00. 1 copy left with slightly defective printing on the cover.

Rumba: The Man Should Lead - And The Woman Should Follow (1975) Photo collage with found text. One sheet, folded. $5.00 6 copies left.

Everything Is Ok (poems by John Kay, drawings by David) (1979) $5.00 3 copies left.

Buk At Big L.A. Poetry Blowout (1987) Dream narratives about Charles Bukowski. $5.00

Camp Fire Note On The Approaching Doom (1999) Essay. Hand-printed cover. $3.00 2 copies left.

On The Cusp of the Rollover, Two Wack Jobs Ponder the Looming Collapse (David & Ron DiGiacomo; reprints Camp Fire Note, along with Ron's response, Cliff Notes From The Brink and David's Postscript To Campfire Note.) (2004) Essays. $5.00

Quartet (second printing, 2003) Small book of poems, letterpress. $3.00 2 copies left.

Two for Bukowski (1986) $1.00

Gilded Thrones (1997) $1.00 3 copies left.

Narcissus of Salem (2005) $1.00 1 copy left.

Scattered (2006) $1.00

The Stupidity of the Masses (2006) $1.00

Donut Shop (2007) $1.00

Also available:

Riot of the Rats #1 (1994) Steve Richmond Special Issue. Lit mag with Richmond, Ronald Baatz, Ron DiGiacomo, David Barker. $5.00

Leo Mailman's book Granddad's Brain (with additions by David Barker) (1995) Poems and essays, including pieces about Charles Bukowski. $5.00

Single Life, by Elliot Fried (1975) Scarce. $10.00 2 copies left.

Poem City, by Elliot Fried (1977) Rare. $10.00 2 copies left.

All Too Much Toyota, by Scot Cunningham (1980) $3.00

Thanks...

My bad. I suppose it would help if I actually read the thread, huh?

Someone needs to pick these up. In addition to #75, which is all Barker, 84 and 94 have some good stuff from both Buk and Gerald Locklin (Wormwood turned me onto him) as well as other good stuff. A bargain at twice the price...

Poems (Begun 1969, completed 1996) Hand-printed early poems and linoleum block prints -- is SOLD OUT. Everything else is still available but the number of copies remaining is lower on some items.

Thanks to everyone who ordered for your support (and to everyone who didn't for showing restraint and good sense.)

I'm probably off line for the rest of the day.

received my books safe and sound - thanks sir rekrab look forward to reading them.
ps thanks for the back page drawing!

You're welcome. Sometimes when I'm signing books I will do a drawing on the back inside cover, just for the hell of it. I like doing it way back there because then it will not necessarily be seen by everyone who looks at the book and will hide patiently waiting to spring out and go "boogga!" someday. Or at least that's what it seems like to me.

Seriously; these Wormwood Review copies are still unclaimed? It's not like these (and the other items David he's listed) are throwaway items, folks. These represent some of the best of 20th century poetry.

Thanks for the kind words, Purple Stickpin. I'll come back soon and update the "what's left" list in case someone wants a chance at those. Right now, I'm busy painting my kitchen and wouldn't have time to deal with orders anyway. (Well, not RIGHT NOW ... right now I'm drinking coffee and eating a raisin cinnamon bagel with low fat spread on it.)

Had I the cash to pony up, I would own them. As it is though... I have too much to read as it is, too many backlogged books, and... as stated before, no money. Its a shame. A real shame...

No hurry. They're just sitting there. I understand the cash thing, plus having too many books to read already. I have a couple tubs in my basement full of Sci-Fi paperbacks and when I get in the mood to read some Sc-Fi, I'm tempted to bring them up into the house, but there's really no where to put the tubs upstairs.

I keep bringing boxes of books to Powells and then the ones they don't take to Salvation Army... and yet I keep buying more... Ugh, its a disease...

I've taken thousands of books to the Goodwill over the years, and sold thousands. I try not to buy books very often, but you know how it is when they sneak up on you and you end up buying anyway. Often it's something you may not see again, or at see at a low price. The ones that go to Goodwill are the junk that I bought very cheap and tried to sell but couldn't, or junk that I've acquired free and have no interest in. I seldom donate anything that I laid out good money for or still find interesting.

Here's an updated list of my chapbooks and broadsides for sale, with the number of remaining copies noted when a title is almost sold out. To order, please send me a PM. Add $1 (per order) for shipping in the U.S. or Canada, or $4 (per order) for Europe.

Everything Is Ok (poems by John Kay, drawings by David) (1979) $5.00 4 copies left.

Camp Fire Note On The Approaching Doom (1999) Essay. Hand-printed cover. $3.00 2 copies left.

Quartet (second printing, 2003) Small book of poems, letterpress. $3.00 1 copy left.

Two for Bukowski (1986) 2 poems about Charles Bukowski, with a drawing of him. $1.00

Gilded Thrones (1997) $1.00 3 copies left.

Narcissus of Salem (2005) $1.00 1 copy left.

Scattered (2006) $1.00 9 copies left.

The Stupidity of the Masses (2006) $1.00 7 copies left.

Donut Shop (2007) $1.00

Dream (undated) $1.00

Also available:

Single Life, by Elliot Fried (1975) $10.00 3 copies left.

Poem City, by Elliot Fried (1977) $10.00 3 copies left.

All Too Much Toyota, by Scot Cunningham (1980) unsigned $3.00; signed $5.00

Thanks...

I just put all my small press stuff in binders... I'll have to remind myself what I have and don't have and I may be back...

Thanks for the PMs with orders (you know who you are). Updated status on available items:

Poems (1969/1996) is sold out.

Campfire Note on the Approaching Doom - 1 copy left.

Quartet (second printing) is sold out (sorry, Bill - thanks anyway).

Gilded Thrones - 2 copies left.

Scattered - 8 copies left.

The Stupidity of the Masses - 6 copies left.

I appreciate your interest. Or, if you have no interest whatsoever, I appreciate that as well.

Yup, I have several of these left. I'll warn you, it's thin, just a few pages, ancient poems from my collage days. Probably only of interest if you're collecting all my junk and want the early stuff.

I really need to figure out why my bank account doesn't work with paypal so I can pick up something.

I also accept checks and money orders. PM me if you decide you want to go that route.

If it reeks of pepperoni pizza and coed panties add one more to my previous PM. :)

I wish it was that exciting. The pizza/panties material is largely unpublished.

Everything ordered this week went out Friday afternoon. I had to work most of the day, unexpectedly, and the stapler and ball point were giving me trouble, but I got it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back