Call For Submissions (1 Viewer)

vodka

Miss Take
LiteraryMary, journal of the beautiful, unusual and eclectic, will be publishing our first ever print issue in January of 2009, in celebration of the second anniversary of our steadily growing website of the same name. We are now accepting submissions of poetry, fiction, and black and white photography. We are also open to experimental pieces that don't necessarily fall into any of those categories. Rather than ask you to familiarize yourself with our style - an impossible task, given that this will be our inaugural issue - you should keep in mind that although we have plenty of class, we have no style. We intend to publish a myriad of styles, our main concern being that what you submit is written well. We do not believe that good writing needs to be style specific, but it does need to be sincere, honest and absolutely free of grammatical errors, spelling errors and the kind of mistakes professionals just don't make. Please no previously published work. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but let us know if your work gets accepted somewhere else as soon as possible. Finally, we ask that if your writing has been workshopped over the internet you take it offline when you submit to us. Submit to us. I like the sound of that.

If you are interested, please send up to six of your best pieces of poetry regardless of length and/or up to three pieces of fiction, for a total of no more than 4000 words, as an attachment (using either .doc, .rtf, or .wpd file extensions) to [email protected]. Experimental pieces and black and white photography should also be sent to this address. Please include your name and the best description you can come up with for what you're submitting in the subject line, such as "poetry' or "fiction' etc. Don't forget to include the email address at which you'd prefer to be contacted and a short bio. Submissions will be chosen in a mostly anonymous process and we will notify you whether or not you've been accepted in as timely a manner as possible. The deadline for submissions will be July 31, 2008. Payment will be one contributor's copy since our staff works on a volunteer basis and that's all we can afford right now. Extra copies will be available for purchase on the LiteraryMary website, and hopefully at a bookstore near you. Regardless, we will eventually take over the world.

If you have any questions please email the address above or click this link: http://literarymary.com/forum/index.php?topic=4255.0

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys. thank you.

i've been consumed by the monster that is portland state... linguistics is killing me... and by the damned site. who knew it would suck up so much time? which is why i won't feel okay this summer unless i'm still pinned. but at least this time it will be pinned to writing and not feminist studies. something tells me my communication and gender teacher is not a fan of hank.

anyways yah - we've decided to do this journal and we're really looking to claim back print - steal it back... all that.

you don't have to be a member of the site to submit and it won't have anything to do with which pieces are chosen. we're really excited about it.

jen

Wow. It's been a little while since I made this post.

Wanted to let you guys know that July 31st. is the absolute last day we will accept submissions for the journal.

I will let it leak that we are, indeed, publishing more than one talented member of this fine website. We are still processing, your name could be among those.

Come on. You know you want it.

Guidelines on front page of the site. Site name in my signature.

Thank you very much for the support thus far, Bukowski.net, both in regard to submissions and also people who have joined up as members.

much love,
jen
xxx

LiteraryMary, journal of the beautiful, unusual and eclectic, will be publishing our first ever print issue in January of 2009

If you are interested, please send up to six of your best pieces of poetry regardless of length and/or up to three pieces of fiction, for a total of no more than 4000 words, as an attachment (using either .doc, .rtf, or .wpd file extensions) to [email protected]. Experimental pieces and black and white photography should also be sent to this address.

If you have any questions please email the address above or click this link: http://literarymary.com/forum/index.php?topic=4255.0

Up yonder.
happy0160.gif

Would you be open to me dusting off an old Trace story for you, Vodka? (You remember Trace, don't you?) The pieces ran at 8763 Wonderland, of course, but they otherwise remain unpublished. It was your positive reaction to the character when I first posted the stories in the CL Lit Fo that compelled me to create a series with the character in the first place.

That makes me smile. I would personally love to do it. I cannot speak for fiction, though, because I have handed all fiction responsibility over to our fiction editor, Dru. I'm pretty sure that if he wants it we could make room.

Why don't you drop it over to the submission address and let him know who you are and that I've asked you to submit it as it's something I enjoyed in the past. I'd love to see you in there. It would be a credit to the journal.

We have been so freaking fortunate in the support we've gotten from so many talented writers. Seriously. When we first started this thing, I would have never expected the response we've had.

oh, [email protected]. I'll talk to Dru about it.

Thanks again.

jen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back