Cameron Diaz, what? (1 Viewer)

hoochmonkey9

Art should be its own hammer.
Reaper Crew
Founding member
Cameron Diaz, apparently, according to an online bio, is a fan of Bukowski's.

Cameron Diaz certainly doesn't need money, particularly as, being a big fan of fries and Egg McMuffins, she's so cheap to feed. Besides, she has her own restaurant, Bambu, down in Miami. One thing she'd LIKE, certainly, is more good parts, and you can bet she'll be scouring the works of her favourite authors, Raymond Carver and Charles Bukowski, to find material. She's also moved gradually towards using her fame for the greater good, in 2005 lecturing at Stanford University on environmentally friendly design.

but I guess she did date Matt Dillon.

here's the link to see for yourselves. ;)

I don't even know what that means, so it is clear that you are much more profound than I am, which only makes me more passionate about becoming your follower.

I understand your reluctance. No one worth following wants to be followed. But I have much to offer you. Hear me out. These are 20 reasons to allow me to be your follower. Though you will notice that many of them require you to come here to California.

1) American liquor - I can get it by the barrelful.
2) American women - they eat out of my hand, my friend. I will send them all to you.
3) Japanese cars.
4) Fine art - not tin serving platters from pubs, real art.
5) One piano.
6) Five guitars.
7) A thousand books - only one is written by a Polish author though, I'm afraid.
8) Refrigerator - keeps things cold: food, various beers and ales, film for your camera.
9) Privacy - what happens in Pasadena stays in Pasadena, yeah?
10) Television - very large. As large as a Polish automobile. And 500 channels to watch.
11) Cash - I make a ridiculous amount of CASH MONEY from this web site. I humbly grant it all to you.
12) Devotion - I will never turn on you, my friend.
13) Californication DVDs - autographed by ALL the ladies who showed their boobs on the show.
14) Indoor plumbing - a bathtub AND a shower in a room the size of your current apartment.
15) Barack Obama - Negro president. No, I am not kidding.
16) 360 days of sunshine every year.
17) Tournament of Roses parade, including college football sports.
18) K-Mart - this is a large building full of consumer goods. You can buy your clothes there, and bullets for the guns.
19) Professional women's basketball - it's called the WNBA and I have courtside season tickets for both of us.
20) Jimmy Carter - farmer and president, he builds houses and goes to foreign countries to sort things out.

I realize those seem like cheap and tawdry trinkets to a man such as yourself, but they are all I have to offer. Please reconsider my plea.

Timeimus.jpg

Hear me out. These are 20 reasons to allow me to be your follower.
How come a newbie gets attention like this?
How come us "supporting members" never get attention like this?
I live in Europe too you know!
I could use some indoor plumbing as well!
Not to mention 2 or three days of sunshine.
Don't need the fridge though - cold as hell here already.
And American women ... nah... I'm fine.
On second thought, its all OK.
Just you keep at it mjp!
And don't you take no for an answer.

Chris Rock said something interesting on his Don't Kill The Messanger stand-up... something akin to,

"Black people have no advantages whatsoever. Whenever I say that to one of my white friends, the white dude always says, 'WELL YOU CAN SAY NIGGER!'. I say back to him, 'wanna switch places? You scream nigger, and I'll raise interest rates.'"

How come a newbie gets attention like this?
How come us "supporting members" never get attention like this?
I live in Europe too you know!
I could use some indoor plumbing as well!
Not to mention 2 or three days of sunshine.
Don't need the fridge though - cold as hell here already.
And American women ... nah... I'm fine.
On second thought, its all OK.
Just you keep at it mjp!
And don't you take no for an answer.

I wish I had a real life friend like MJP that would care if I came to his house late at night and told him ALL my problems. He get's it. Of course, I'd be prepared to accept his easily aroused scorn as well. He does it so well that he fools people.

I wish I had a real life friend like MJP that would care if I came to his house late at night and told him ALL my problems. He get's it.
You can come over and tell me your problems any time.

It's okay if I watch TV while you talk, right? I'll still be listening, but I might be looking at the set.

Erik, good lord man, Norway isn't Europe! Norway is like a little continent of it's own that just happens to be stuck inside some other crummy continent. I grew up among Norwegians, I know all about your strange habits and the adding of briney fish parts to everything you cook. Your booya pots and lefse. Your inability to be mean or say anything unpleasant or show any kind of otherwise human emotion. Those are my people, and I've spent years in therapy just to learn how to talk about my feelings.

And now that I can finally express myself I am scorned and ridiculed, pilloried in a community of my own making, like Frankenstein's monster, scarface or Jimmy Carter.

All I have to say to you is this, my Scandinavian friend; your women, they are beautiful yes, but their icy hearts and tiny, rock hard souls will crush and batter the strongest of men, and they will do it without so much as batting a naturally blond eyelash. I have seen their work up close, and I still bear the scars. I understand now why your countrymen drink to excess and engage in a higher than normal rate of homosexual activity.

It is my particular burden to bear that I have Scandinavian, Irish and American Indian blood running through my veins. I was doomed to a life of drink and destitution before I was old enough to sit on the toilet. But none of you care about that.

Yes, Robert Plant sang praises to your Norse gods, but he too was a sissy boy when it came right down to it. We all are when confronted with your women, harsh climate and indifference to outsiders. We are not men. But we can read about real men in our history books.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...(snip...)

All I have to say to you is this, my Scandinavian friend; your women, they are beautiful yes, but their icy hearts and tiny, rock hard souls will crush and batter the strongest of men, and they will do it without so much as batting a naturally blond eyelash. I have seen their work up close, and I still bear the scars. I understand now why your countrymen drink to excess and engage in a higher than normal rate of homosexual activity.
I've lived amongst the Norse people, so why am I attracted to blonds?

my mothers maiden name was Noseworthy, which came from Norseworthy. so, uh, yeah.

just wanted to post something, and I've gone 10 or 15 minutes without talking about myself, so I was getting a little vanity withdrawal.

now I feel better.

I do, however, still drink; occasionally even on the the toilet.

I drink in the shower, so that makes us bathroom buddies.

wait, that doesn't sound right.

When you gargle in the mornings with Bourbon is when there might be a problem.

My heritage wins: Half Italian Half Irish Catholic.
Which means I cry about everything, and then I pass out.

Or rather, I wish.

My heritage wins: Half Italian Half Irish Catholic.
Be grateful you're not Irish on both sides. You'll achieve literary breakthroughs, but get drunk and lose them with your car keys. Sentimental sing-a-longs turn into fistfights and vice-versa. Santa leaves potatoes in your Christmas stocking, and if you watch The Bells of St. Mary's on St. Patrick's Day, you get drafted by the Pope. (Though rumor has it that a few well-timed Bobby Sands jokes get you kicked out immediately.)

Cead Mile Failte

I do, however, still drink; occasionally even on the the toilet.

So long as you're not drinking from the toilet, no worries.

I'm a bit of a mutt myself. About half Norwegian, a quarter Swedish (how those two got together I will never know, but it's probably why I hate myself from time to time), and the rest is a hodge-podge of Brit, Pole, German and, I'm told, some tiny percentage of American Indian (no idea what tribe or if it's even true).

So, any black members here?

No?

Why am I not surprised?

Be grateful you're not Irish on both sides. You'll achieve literary breakthroughs, but get drunk and lose them with your car keys. Sentimental sing-a-longs turn into fistfights and vice-versa. Santa leaves potatoes in your Christmas stocking, and if you watch The Bells of St. Mary's on St. Patrick's Day, you get drafted by the Pope. (Though rumor has it that a few well-timed Bobby Sands jokes get you kicked out immediately.)

Cead Mile Failte

:D:D:D

Congrats! You snucked in the bestest post of the year with just an hour and ten minutes to go! Seriously, I had to change me undies.

[...] I know all about your strange habits and the adding of briney fish parts to everything you cook. Your booya pots and lefse. Your inability to be mean or say anything unpleasant or show any kind of otherwise human emotion. Those are my people, and I've spent years in therapy just to learn how to talk about my feelings.

And now that I can finally express myself I am scorned and ridiculed, pilloried in a community of my own making, like Frankenstein's monster, scarface or Jimmy Carter.

All I have to say to you is this, my Scandinavian friend; your women, they are beautiful yes, but their icy hearts and tiny, rock hard souls will crush and batter the strongest of men, and they will do it without so much as batting a naturally blond eyelash. I have seen their work up close, and I still bear the scars. I understand now why your countrymen drink to excess and engage in a higher than normal rate of homosexual activity.[...]
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
much better.
thanks.
now I almost feel polish, or even irish.
now were did I put that plate of lutefisk...
:cool:

Cead Mile Failte

I got very, very steamed at the track this past summer. I thought that I had lost my shoes, after I took them off, but later to learn they were justt covered by my regurgitated hotdog.

St. Patty's day just doesn't have the flare it did back when I was drinking ;)

So, any black members here?

As soon as they really perfect the whole DNA thing, it will be fun to see just how mixed and alike we all are. If you look at The Thomas Jefferson/Sally Hemmings descendants, you can see that it would not be hard for people to be part black and not know it. When you can do a cheek swab, send it in , and have them tell you percentages, it will be very interesting. You will find out that everyone has some of every rage in there genes.

I did the National Geographic human genome project (a real scientific study of ancestry and mitochondrial DNA) and found that I came from Ethiopia (everyone came from Ethiopia), through Iran, Turned west to England and of course, took a boat to the USA. Of course, my ancestors were in Ethiopia, before Ethiopia was a counter (50,000 years ago) and Iran before it was even Persia, but you get the point. Had my ancestors headed east 50,000 years ago when they were in Iran, I'd be Asian, headed south from Ethiopia and I'd be African. Of course, it is all bullshit if you believe the Bible nutjobs that say that the earth is 13,020 years old because they figured out the years from the bible working back to "On the first day...", but that is another discussion.

soooo... Depending on how you define black, I could be as I'm sure that if I could test by DNA for it, my race would look like a long laundry list of all races.

Not to sound too "we are the world" and shit, but we are all every race (except the Norwegans).

Bill

Dear mpj (so classic website nick)!

I really like only one:
16) 360 days of sunshine every year.
I like see smiles on faces of nice people.
However, how people can write cool, sad and sarcastic things with this weather condition?
I really want get know...
Also - I can't drink in USA (I'm 18). Can you do for me fake ID?
I'm not certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back