Confusing picture I've never seen before (1 Viewer)

I think its 76-78 certainly. I see one of the others is my avatar. The T-shirt dates it for sure. Must just be the sunlight streaming in making his hair look so much whiter.

It looks like two different days on Carlton Way. But yes, it is confusing, because it looks like he changed from the dress shirt to the Star Wars shirt (or vice versa), because if you notice, Linda is wearing the same dress even though his shirt changes. The white t-shirt pictures are probably from a different day because he's wearing different pants.

Okay, isn't this usually where some first-time poster comes to insult me for dissecting the minutiae of Bukowski's life? To tell me how much Bukowski would hate me and that I couldn't possibly understand his writing, being such an asshole geek?

Because I don't like the Star Wars trilogy. That's all
pamoi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its 76-78 certainly. I see one of the others is my avatar. The T-shirt dates it for sure. Must just be the sunlight streaming in making his hair look so much whiter.

HS,this is funny. Before I even got to this thread, I noticed the shirt on your avatar was a Star Wars tee. Now that I have a PC screen that I can actually see detail on!CRB:)

in 'Shakespeare' there's a picture of Hank and Linda inside the cathedral of Cologne, where Linda is the one, wearing that Star-Wars-Shirt.

Great photos. I've never seen them. The Star Wars shirt surprises me. I would have figured he would hate the film. Nice to see Linda in some of these shots.

Linda being into Star Wars makes sense, what with her spiritual leanings, Meher Baba and all. I would have imagined it was something Hank would tease her for, and that wearing the shirt himself would just be a joke for him. It surprises me hearing that he really liked the movie.

[...] that wearing the shirt himself would just be a joke for him. It surprises me hearing that he really liked the movie.

same here.
I felt this was kinda joke, like that famous pic of him & Linda both wearing Bukowski-shirts.

Myself, I love the original episodes a lot.
"You must unlearn what you have learned."

What's the link between Star Wars and Meher Baba's precepts, Rekrab ?

Yes, Buk was a fan of Star Wars since I remember reading once that he actually CRIED during the film.
Are you serious ? Buk crying during a film ? That's something sounding so strange to me !
I cried during Love Story without being a fan of it :D

And did he also cry during Eraserhead ? :eek:

Where did he say he liked the movie? I thought the shirt was just Bukowski being pomo...
What does pomo mean ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back