Danny Valdez - still WALKIN' WITH THE BEAST (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past summer, I was vacationing in Laguna Beach with my girlfriend and one night I wrote a short little poem. Trying to capture the mood and feeling I got from sitting on the hotel room balcony and overlooking the ocean. A month or two after I posted the poem to my blog, I got a message from a guy asking if he could make a short film from one of my poems. I told him to go for it, I'd be excited to see it. So imagine my surprise, when seven days later, he sent me a link. The guy translated all my words into French and made a little short. I really dug it and I think some of you will too. Cheers!

[Video removed - ed.]

Now where is this popcorn eating smiley around here? I have the feeling this is going to be good :D

I think I'm going to say 'no' to this.

I know this is the "support the small press" forum, but there's a limit to what is supportable, and this kid is way past that limit.

I'm not down for another useless VALDEZ thread.

And he goes on to prove that he has this whole Internet thing down, and brings his fresh wit and incredible writing ability to bear in a masterfully crafted insult.

Untitled-1.png

Imagine being a small press publisher, like, oh, I don't know, Sun Dog Press, and you publish very few books, because, hey, you don't have millions of dollars to throw around.

Now imagine you decide, for whatever reason and temporary lack of judgement, to publish this kid. You put a lot of time and money into publishing a book for him, so when it's done you say, "Hey kid, how about you go out on that Internet and do some publicizing of WALKIN' WITH THE BEAST by Danny Valdez. You know, since you are Danny Valdez after all."

Then when the kid does as you ask, it's immediately apparent that he's an incredibly abrasive, entitled, insulting, thin-skinned imbecile who sees provocation at every turn and has no idea that anything he does anywhere could ever have any long-lasting negative effect on what people might think of him - or the people who publish him - now or in the future. It's too late, the books are already printed, so I suppose you just have to live with it. Chalk it up to bad luck.

But still, imagine the disappointment and betrayal you'd feel, watching the little idiot pissing all over the flowers you've laid in his path. It must be awful, to invest in someone like that only to see your blood, sweat and money swirling down the toilet every time the kid opens his mouth.

I hope no potential future publishers stumble across these posts, featuring WALKIN' WITH THE BEAST by Danny Valdez and his other marvelous exploits. That might hurt the chances for Danny Valdez to publish another masterpiece like WALKIN' WITH THE BEAST. Considering his lack of basic human interaction skills and such. I can only pray that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back