David Barker - Postcards (2 Viewers)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Hi,
OK. I have the details finalized. The details are as follows:

Each set will contain 10 different postcards.

Regular Edition: Limited to 1000 copies (unnumbered). Each copy will have the 10 postcards by David Barker. Also, any copies purchased through this advance offer will get a letterpress printed additional card of a drawing of Bukowski. The price is $10 a set ($6 for advance orders through this forum)

Deluxe Edition: Limited to 26 copies (LETTERED & Signed). Each copy will have the 10 postcards by David Barker. This will be housed in a deluxe, custom made clamshelll case and signed by the artist. Also, any copies purchased through this advance offer will get a letterpress printed additional signed card of a drawing of Bukowski, which will be mounted to the inside cover of the clamshell . The price is $100 a set ($60 for advance orders through this forum).

Please add shipping. IN THE US: $1 in the US for the regular edition, $4 for the clamshell edition. OUTSIDE THE US: Please add $3 shipping for the regular edition, $6 for the clamshell edition. This is for one copy. Additional copies are postage free, so no need to add postage to each copy.

Paypal to [email protected] or contact me for my mailing address. Once we have raised enough money to start production, I will place the order for the cards. Then it will take about a week to receive those and a little time to print the envelopes and make the clamshells.

If you e-mailed previously, one is being held. If you decide that you want more, or do not want one, please contact me asap, so that I can accommodate this.

Please e-mail or PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Bill

The money have been sent! - One Deluxe clamshell edition, and one regular edition.
Great project! Thanks, Bill...

I have 4 copies of this release in the Clamshell edition still left. I just sent out PMs to all those that I have on file for wanting one. If you did not get a PM from me just now, I need to hear from you asap, or I will not have a copy for you.

I am working on designing the postcards and hope to have the orders placed within the week. Then it will take a week to get them and a little time to make the clamshells.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi,
If you have e-mailed or posted on this forum, you are reserved a copy.

This edition is SOLD OUT.

There are still many copies of the regular edition, but the Clamshell edition is sold out.

Thanks,
Bill

sneak peek....

barkerpcs.JPG

Ok. Bottle #6 is ready to ship on Friday. The Barker postcards will be a little more than a week behind that. I have changed the clamshell from the blue paper pictured above to mustard bookcloth. It looks nice, but needs a few days to dry...

Then I will need to take a vacation!

Bill

A short note to let you know that I have not forgotten about you all and have not forgotten about this project. The first 1000 postcards arrived today. I wanted to order postcard 1 of 10 first to make sure that the quality was OK before I plunked down the big money and ordered 10,000 postcards that looked like shit.

I can say that they quality is fantastic. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I should have these sets ready in two weeks, providing that the postcards get here in the next 7 days or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Bill

11,000. I screwed up on one and realized it just after I uploaded the file. There is no way to stop it, as it is done once the file is uploaded, so I'll have an extra 1000 postcards that are low resolution and have to be trashed.

Oh well...

Bill

p.s. The printer is on Bandini Blvd. Kinda strange, eh?

How low is the resolution? Are they terrible, or just slightly fuzzy? Maybe they can be put to some use. Maybe print an add on them saying "If you were buying this card instead of finding it free, it would be in focus" and scatter them in malls and parks. Or am I nuts?

How low is the resolution? Are they terrible, or just slightly fuzzy? Maybe they can be put to some use. Maybe print an add on them saying "If you were buying this card instead of finding it free, it would be in focus" and scatter them in malls and parks. Or am I nuts?

The correct file is 2M. The wrong one is 36Kb.

The resoultion was very pixelated. I noticed it right away as it took a half a second to upload it....

If they are not so bad, I'll find a way to give them away. Otherwise I'll send them all to David and maybe he can make a paper mache castle out of them...

Bill

If I get my hands on them, I'll print a one or two line poem on them using my toy rubber type press. Why waste 1,000 cards with a heavily pixilated image of Bukowski on them? That's an opportunity that won't come again.

They are saying that I should have them all here on 9/17, so I'll collate enough of them to get you guys your sets and send them out first. Then I'll collate more sets and announce it to the public.

Best,
Bill

This is exciting. I'm about to make postcard footnote history. Those guys who sell postcards on eBay are going to know my name! Assuming some of the sets get broken up and scattered to the non-Bukowski obsessed larger public. Remember, you can stick a stamp on one and send it to you aunt Tilda.

damn, just heard about this collection.
i suppose some good things DO come out of forums. oh well.
i know the big limited edition ones are all gone, but any copies left of the regular, not-so-cool edition? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back