• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

eBay comes through with nice 1st Post Office PB (1 Viewer)

Well, after a couple disappointing misses on eBay (ordering the HC, getting the SC, etc. etc.) I struck a little gold with a nice first PB of Post Office. It's an ex-lib, and has a grungy cover, but given that's it's a 40 year old book, I'm pretty pleased. Also, I got a good deal, so win all the way around!

photo.JPGphoto4.JPGphoto5.JPG
photo2.JPGphoto3.JPG

PS -- Please forgive if this should be in a different section, or if I jacked up the pictures somehow.

Sure, it's grubby on the outside, but that color title page is still cool. I'm a sucker for Ex-Library books. They look, feel, smell truly used, like people really enjoyed them, and they have a history.

That is funny that this book was from the Talbot County Free Library in Easton. I was in Easton the other day and have to go back again this week.

1971 was surely a different time. i could not see a book by Bukowski in an Easton library today...

Bill

Yah, the color page alone is worth it, and an ex-lib that isn't just falling apart can really be special. Not that I'd say no to a mint copy, mind you.

And I agree with you Bill that libraries as a whole have surely changed tremendously. Here in Denver, it seems like people use the library simply as a free dvd rental facility vs. tracking down some great weird book. Sigh.

Nice find Kilgore; color page is very pretty (aren't we sick?).
I've gotten into collecting the rarest, where you have to be anal careful holding it,
but man, I got to admit, it's cool to own a first that you're not only unafraid to pass around at the bar,
but feel good knowing that that's what the copy is for...
(Yeah, I sold a first hardcopy with signature that was ex-library that I wish I had back.....
an Aussie here has it)

Indeed, any color title page gets me a bit damp. Being able to thumb through it is a good thing. The textured cover on early wraps copies of Post Office is a very nice touch.

I even love my 2nd-17th printing BSP reading copies. Well-concieved books are beautiful things and BSP did it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back