• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

eBay, secrets, and the horrible cruelty of the thin wallet (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
I know we've gone back and forth on this, but it's a little weird to not discuss items that are currently available, here among the people who would be most interested in them.

Talking about eBay of course, and the way we've discussed active auctions in the past, then tried not to talk about them --- it's all a bit unnatural. My initial instinct was to talk about current auctions and I think that's what we should do. I envisioned that as being one of the uses for this forum, to let people know when cool or interesting things were available.

From a buyer's point of view, I don't like it, because it creates competition for the good stuff, but that's the way it goes. I've lost many more auctions than I've won. But on the other hand, I'm a seller too. I'll bet a lot of us are. And the more people who know about my auctions, the better chance I have for a sale at a fair price.

I buy much more than I sell - just so you don't think I'm making forum policy based on what's best for me. This is based on the feedback I've received from other users, who want to be able to speak freely.

So let's talk openly and let the market do what it will. Yes, it will suck when we lose to someone in here, but them's the breaks, Ace. That ultra rare copy of whatever always shows up again. Well, almost always.

mjp said:
So let's talk openly and let the market do what it will. Yes, it will suck when we lose to someone in here, but them's the breaks, Ace. That ultra rare copy of whatever always shows up again. Well, almost always.

Hear!, Hear!

In my short tenure here, cirerita has already pointed me in the right direction twice, one that resulted in a purchase from abe.com and another whereby I was outbid on eBay. I would not have seen either posting if it weren't for bukowski.net, so I think it is ultimately a good thing to share this information, even if it means being sniped in the end. And besides, all the auction losses make the occasional victory all the more satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back