FHM, Nov. 2007 - Another German mag. (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
Some cool pics here that I'd never seen before.

Any kind German soul willing to translate the gist of the article?

Attachments

• fhm 1.pdf
    518.3 KB · Views: 286
  • fhm 2.pdf
    382.3 KB · Views: 257
Yes. The text is rather dull and commonplace. Everything you read in there you've read 1000 times before. The booze. The track. The women. The ulcer. The post office. The novel written in three weeks.

No, wait: The 100-dollar-a-month-deal is missing. Yes, and BSP also. Not a single word about John Martin. But the rest is kind of limp bla bla. No untruths, though. No whorehouse, no sports reporter ... etc.

But some of the pictures, where did these pop up from? Bukowski got himself photographed topless in New York 1986, the one subtitle is saying. Errm ... did anybody know this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics there. Thanks.

So here's Bukowski, as depicted in the story Six Inches signing books :D

6_inches.jpg

That's the one picture that I wondered about, where he's lying on the floor with that large drawing.
cirerita, is there a photographer credit for that one?

yup, credits read (deep breath):
THE KOBAL COLLECTION, AP, MICHAEL MONTFORT/ACTION PRESS (2), SOPHIE BASSOULS/SYGMA/CORBIS, FABIAN CEVALLOS/SYGMA/CORBIS, ABE FRAJNDLICH/AGENTUR FOCUS (2), MICHAEL MONTFORT (3), MICHAEL MONTFORT/INTERTOPICS (2), THOMAS HOEPKER/MAGNUM PHOTOS/AGENTUR FOCUS, PHOTODISC/GETTY IMAGES

Now, any idea as to who is the copyright holder to each pic? Kind of confusing, huh? In any case, glad to see they're using pics which do not come from Montfort's collection only.

Found it (the drawing picture) at xxpool.de (ABE FRAJNDLICH/AGENTUR FOCUS). Unfortunately there is no large version to see there, just the thumbnail. Tried to register for the site, but something seems broken.

Corbis.com had some uncommon pics too, just search "Bukowski."

Thanks, cirerita! I've never seen those pics before either...

Great pics thanks Cirerita!
I am surprised about the picture where he did read from Barfly.
Was it a press conference for the movie promotion or something else?
(the article mentioned it was taken in 1993 but i highly doubt that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back