• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Flash Of Lightning galley proof (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
When I saw the price on this I thought Scott was out of his mind. Honestly, I wouldn't pay $20 for that. I look at it and think, "Eww, that would take up a lot of space..." Ha.

I find it difficult to get worked up over the proof of a book that came out a decade after Bukowski's death. If this was a manually corrected proof of Women or Post Office it might be worth two grand. But this? Come on. Really. Wow man, it's really fascinating to see how many picas they indent that table of contents. Um hm.

Well, there's a sucker born every minute I suppose. Some bigger than others.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that, too. I would have thought that those advanced review copies of Hollywood or Women that were available today would be much more interesting than the edits for one of the posthumous books.

You know, I can read his mind:

'must... buy... everything... must... buy... everything... must... buy... everything...'

;)

he didn't buy my wonderful copy of Montfort's Bukowski when I had it on ebay. Okay, the starting bid was fairly high - but compared to This one, it was kind of reasonable. oh, well.

holy shit, stnickl took the bait! 2 grand? really? REALLY? like mjp said, maybe if it's "women" or "post office"...

Scott has a pretty nice copy of "..the Days Run.."
but it's not even worth considering to bid on, since we all know who's going to get it anyway, regardless of price.
I'm pretty much done with eBay these days.
Or at least until Stnick's money source cuts him off.

That is the sad thing. If you see something that you really want, it is not worth getting your hopes up as there is no amount of money that will let you take it.

It is best to wait. It is not like I could afford it anyway.

I was just beat on a mag from 1965 that I REALLY wanted. I'll probably never see that issue again.

Bill

Classic. :D

The best bet right now is to hit some Buy it Now items if the price seems reasonable. Cooter_slick had a few decent deals that I caught recently, but they are few and far between. A few of his other items are priced a bit high to me.

he didn't buy my wonderful copy of Montfort's Bukowski when I had it on ebay. Okay, the starting bid was fairly high - but compared to This one, it was kind of reasonable. oh, well.

I almost jumped on it. I figured I could do that and then default on my credit card. But then I remembered I wanted a house and a new car someday... Still it was indeed a WONDERFUL copy.

I don't find it a very appealing item. Not $2,000 worth of appeal. It's more suitable for a "John Martin/Ecco Press" collection than a Bukowski collection. Just my 2 cents (and that's about all I have for buying books these days).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back