Forum fauna: The Auteur (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
The Auteur can be identified by their unparalleled ability to download and install Microsoft Movie Maker, Apple iMovie or Avid FreeDV. Once armed with these instruments of torture, they set about creating videos or "animations" based on their favorite songs, pants, sandwiches and - lucky for you - poems.

The Auteur has a vision and a mission. A dangerous one-two punch. Their vision varies, but usually consists of a group of still images (and music, if you are lucky) that they believe hold the key to the essence and meaning of a piece of someone else's creative work. Their mission is to make sure a poet of musician is not utterly forgotten in these fragmented modern times we live in. They insure that this tragedy does not occur by creating their videos. The videos are seen by The Auteur as the key to a tapping in to a new generation of fans. A generation that only they are qualified to speak to and spoon-feed through their art.

You may be under the mistaken impression that an artist's work should stand on its own, be self-explanatory. How wrong you are! What is an average young person to make of a page full of words? How can they possibly understand such dry and archaic communication? They need pictures and music to fully absorb the words. The Auteur is here to bridge that gap and perform a vital public service.

The Auteur is a sensitive beast, so approach it with caution. They have a lot of time on their hands between classes, and they will use that time to defend their art, and explain to you why you are wrong to call it awful, feeble minded, beer-bong inspired trash. You cannot win an argument with The Auteur, because The Auteur knows what's good, and what's good for you, and you don't. You are not qualified to make such judgments. To avoid any conflict, it is best that you respond to The Auteur's work with the appropriate amount of awe and congratulations before ignoring them.

The Auteur can be identified by their unparalleled ability to download and install Microsoft Movie Maker, Apple iMovie or Avid FreeDV...........
It's nice for an old guy like me to find out where the epidemic has come from. Thank you for the heads up. And congratulations to all of you fine young video artists, I know you will show me when you stand up there on stage with your Oscar.

I like this one better than the Rebel, but there's no ice cream.

if this one had ice cream, it'd be perfect.

The Auteur doesn't eat ice cream!

It's bourgeois, and reminds them of their parent's home.

Where they still go every weekend to eat and do laundry.

Exactly:

Pogo.jpg

The Auteur knows what's good, and what's good for you, and you don't.

Just like our parents...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back