Greetings from Belgium, Europe (1 Viewer)

I've been a fan of Bukowski since I read his first novel.
I must have been 21 (I'm now 41).

It must be a cliché but Bukowski was really the first author who actually wrote something I could relate to. In fact, when I look back, Bukowski opened up my world to literature in general.

In august I will be visiting L.A. , and of course I will pay my respects by visiting his grave. I've been thru some repugnant shit myself, so in some strange sense it comforted me that an author like Bukowski was around.

Greetings to the guys behind this forum. Great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Einzelganger. One of the guys behind the scenes here just spent the past weekend voiding sleep to work on the database. He talks to himself and collects pictures of Robby the Robot. cuckoo cuckoo We keep him around to do all the dirty work. Enjoy your trip to LA and don't hesitate to post any Buk related pics. If you do post a pic of your visit to Buk's grave, please avoid the cliche of placing a beercan by his gravestone.

It must be a cliché but Bukowski was really the first author who actually wrote something I could relate to. In fact, when I look back, Bukowski opened up my world to literature in general....I've been thru some repugnant shit myself, so in some strange sense it comforted me that an author like Bukowski was around.
same here...welcome. you're in good company...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought an einzelganger was an eerie replica of a doppelbock. Or am I thinking of a polterschnitzel ?
You Germans are wacky. But welcome to the forum.

<pre>

EINZELGANGER=
TROOPS STARVING STOP
SEND WAFFLES STOP
=REPEAT MESSAGE

</pre>

This is why I love and loathe mjp. He beats me to the punch on jokes.

Anyhow... welcome Einzelganger. Enjoy your stay. The manuscripts and database (newly updated!) are wonderful resources if you swing that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back