happy fifth anniversary! (1 Viewer)

I forgot to say thanks.

thanks, mjp, for starting and maintaining one the best sites on the internet. and for being a stand up guy.

and thanks everyone who posts, reads or just lurks here.

Yes, congratulations and thanks to all of our contributors.

Long live bukowski.net eh? Thanks mjp.

Thank you from me too! It only makes sense, as we see here everyday, a young impressionable mind discovers the writings of Charles Bukowski and then looks everywhere to quench the thirst for more and more Bukowski. Ultimately many of them end up on this forum or looking through the database trying to satisfy their craving.
Great job mjp and even the hit and run Bukowski researchers who read and click away appreciate your cyber creation.

'the only forum that matters', indeed.
yes! thank you for everything! laughs, reads and friends.
the best reason to be online!

Congratulations to mjp and everybody involved with making this forum as fantastic as it is!
"The only forum that matters", is'nt far from the truth, actually. We have a great thing going here!
Here's to the next 5 years - cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a big bag of cash to send you. I've always wondered what drives you.
You have sent me things that are better than a big bag of cash, my brother. I receive a lot more from doing this than I give. Not talking about stuff (though stuff is always welcome!). The knowledge and insight are much more valuable to me.

What drives me? That's easy - the one-two punch that drives the entire Internet: obsession and insanity.

Yeah, this site is my version of Happy Gilmore's "Happy Place". When I get frustrated with all the dumb shit going on, I just log on here and dive in. And for that, I thank you.

You have sent me things that are better than a big bag of cash, my brother. I receive a lot more from doing this than I give. Not talking about stuff (though stuff is always welcome!). The knowledge and insight are much more valuable to me.

What drives me? That's easy - the one-two punch that drives the entire Internet: obsession and insanity.

Which reminds me: do you suppose there is a new form of hoarding, just as nuts as having your house full of empty Taco Bell wrappers and ceramic kittens -- information hoarding? Sure, it takes up less physical space, but miles and miles of mental/digital territory. What made me wonder about this is when a friend said he has half a million family photo digital files. Half a million!

Is this the house of a Bukowski information hoarder? Are we going to find him some day buried under 10,000 scans of questionable signatures? Not that we want an intervention or a visit from the city building inspector.

If I had a ton of information that wasn't available here I'd say it was hoarding, yes. But pretty much everything I get goes public (unless I receive it with instructions to keep it offline). It's certainly meant to be a repository, but I feel like that's only been partially successful.

As for half a million family photos, blame digital photography. 20 years ago you couldn't take 500 pictures of your two year old's birthday party. No one can look at half a million pictures, and no one even cares about 499,950 of them, but hey, my computer has a 500 gig hard drive! Why not! The good news is they'll all be gone in 10 years anyway. The bad news is the 50 that mattered will also be gone.

5 years and going stronger than ever. amazing.

well done, you sure know how to run a kick-ass forum.

hats off to hank and hooch as well - you mods are rockers!

Thank you indeed mjp. I would also like to give you your props on the new format. It has really turned out to be the most awesome forum I have yet to see on the net. Cheers indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back