• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Heat Wave (1 Viewer)

01 - the state of world affairs from a 3rd floor window.mp3
02 - Winter comes to a lot of places in August.mp3
03 - Sundays kill more men than bombs.mp3
04 - a 340 dollar horse and a hundred dollar whore.mp3
05 - shot of red eye.mp3
06 - beerbottle.mp3
07 - 7th race when the angels swung low and burned.mp3
08 - on going out to get the mail.mp3
09 - true story.mp3
10 - the weather is hot on the back of my watch.mp3
11 - john dillinger and le chausseur maudit.mp3
12 - from the Dept of English.mp3
13 - fire station.mp3
14 - no lady godiva.mp3
15 - don't come around but if you do.mp3
16 - they, all of them, know.mp3
17 - the tragedy of leaves.mp3

This was also available from Black Sparrow as Bukowski Reads His Poetry

I have all of those on the "At Terror Street and Agony Way" 2 CD set, which has been mentioned before. They're 1969 recordings made at DeLongpre Ave.

Any idea if the ones with this book the same versions?

I don't know, I don't have that CD. maybe someone else does.

Actually, if you'd like, I can upload one of them if you want to compare yourself. Just say which one and I'll link you up.

:rolleyes: Hmm...somehow all the tracks were uploaded to the audio directory. So just let me know which you want a link to.

mjp said:
...the audio directory...

All links please :)

Pretty please :D

What was that you said elsewhere about copyright and passwords? ;)

Can you provide a password protected area for this sort of thing?

Heat Wave - presentation copy

I have a Presentation Copy of Heat Wave and am considering selling it. I'm curious to know if anyone on this forum is interested in making a reasonable offer on it.

Bukowski, Charles, and Ken Price: HEAT WAVE.
(Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Graphic Arts, 1995)
First edition, Presentation Copy signed by the artist, includes one-hour compact disc of Bukowski reading mounted inside the front cover, 17 black-and-white illustrations by Ken Price. Near fine cloth folding box with silkscreen cover illustration, separate compartments for the suite of plates and for compact disc, the whole enclosed in a Plexiglas slipcase. Note: the separate prints are not present -- this was the copy used as a guide for the makers of the plexiglas case. (Krumhansl #145).

I still have this presentation copy of Heat Wave, if anybody is interested. Not sure what it would cost to ship, but let's say US$250 for the book and we'll figure out shipping depending on where it goes...

Ken Price, if you're not familiar with him, was featured in the recent movie The Cool School about the Ferus Gallery and Los Angeles art scene in the 50's...

I still have this presentation copy of Heat Wave, if anybody is interested. Not sure what it would cost to ship, but let's say US$250 for the book and we'll figure out shipping depending on where it goes...

$250 for a presentation copy of Heat Wave?!
Are you sure?

I think you might have missed this part: (I did when my jaw first dropped)

Note: the separate prints are not present -- this was the copy used as a guide for the makers of the plexiglas case. (Krumhansl #145).

Yes, I think it's a fair price. The separate prints are NOT present as hank solo pointed out...

I have a couple of people here who have sent me PMs. I'm going to take it to the Post Office today to weigh it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back